Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax
I've got some updates. First, my article has been mentioned on several popular blogs and it's had nearly 2000 views in the last 7 days. That may not be that much in the grand scheme of things, but my blog is hosted by a history forum, which makes it pretty obscure. Second, the timeline I constructed has continued to expand. I've updated the article several times. The most recent one adds in information that makes Ketchum look really bad. To make a long story short, she created the first journal a week after she learned that someone had evidence that showed she had used contaminated bear hide as a sample. Stating her paper passed peer-review (which there is no evidence that it did) would give the impression that the whistle-blower was lying. She also tried to trick the owner of the hide into destroying it with bleach, which would have given her a monopoly on the evidence. Third, it was reported last night that Ketchum cited non-serious papers that were written as jokes in her study. She went into "damage control" mode today and released a statement claiming that the references are in the paper because one of the people who originally reviewed it requested her to cite past scientific attempts at studying Bigfoot. Additionally, she claims the "original manuscript" that she wrote included none of that stuff. My biggest problem with these claims is that she published the paper anyway. Why would someone publish a paper with bad citations if they knew it was wrong to begin with. I call bullshit!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Perhaps PZ Myers could help increase the subject's visibility a bit? Try sending him a link to your article. He may link it in his blog Pharyngula and possibly add more to it.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 02:33 PM
She's probably spent half of her research money and is terrified she's gonna have to give it back or be sued for fraud.

I'm thinking she pretty much hates your guts by now. And so does Bigfoot Jesus. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
26-02-2013, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2013 06:08 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(26-02-2013 12:42 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Perhaps PZ Myers could help increase the subject's visibility a bit? Try sending him a link to your article. He may link it in his blog Pharyngula and possibly add more to it.

That's a good suggestion, but I don't want to be associated with Atheism plus.

(26-02-2013 02:33 PM)kim Wrote:  She's probably spent half of her research money and is terrified she's gonna have to give it back or be sued for fraud.

I'm thinking she pretty much hates your guts by now. And so does Bigfoot Jesus. Dodgy

To my knowledge, my article has never been mentioned on her Facebook page. It would be awesome to know her reaction to it if she ever find out about it.

The "Erickson Project" has apparently been shooting a documentary for the last several years. They claim to have hours of footage of human researchers interacting with whole families of Bigfoot creatures. Someone recently leaked a close up image of a teenaged female Bigfoot called "Matilda." The image and a video of her sleeping was a centerpiece of Ketchum's study. Whose ready to see it? Make sure you are sitting down. I would hate for one of the forum members to pass out from shock and hit their head...

[Image: matilda2220x300.jpg]

Rather underwhelming isn't it? After years of waiting, this is what these people submit for being undeniable truth of the existence of Bigfoot. Just in case you have a sneaking suspicion that you've seen it somewhere before, you have. Bill Munns, a retired special effects artist, recently broke a non-disclosure agreement in order to give his opinion on the matter. This is the result (look at the teeth and the nose):

[Image: munnsmatilda.jpg]

It's a Chewbacca mask that's been punched with different colored fur! I swear hoaxers are some of the dumbest people on the planet! Like no one is going to recognize one of the most iconic characters in film history. Most importantly, the picture in no way supports Ketchum's claims that Bigfoot is an ape-human hybrid. There is one very good reason for that: the nose. When is the last time anyone ever saw an ape with a nose like that? Better yet, when is the last time anyone ever saw a monkey with a nose like that? The answer is, of course, never. Are there any primates that have noses like that? Yes. They are lemurs. These odd little creatures evolved some 40 million years ago. This raises the question of why an ape would have the nose structure of a distant cousin that evolved tens of millions of years before them. There is no way in hell that a lemur could produce offspring with a human. Chimps and humans are only separated by 5-7 million years, but we still can't breed. I plan to write a brief article on this when I get a chance in order to further discredit the study.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
05-03-2013, 08:58 AM
(26-02-2013 06:03 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I plan to write a brief article on this when I get a chance in order to further discredit the study.

Here is the article:

http://historum.com/blogs/ghostexorcist/...lemur.html

By the way, I've been told the first article I wrote about Ketchum's DNA study is used as a reference in an upcoming article that will appear in Skeptical Inquirer magazine. That's a nice feather in my hat.
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
05-03-2013, 09:02 AM
(05-03-2013 08:58 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(26-02-2013 06:03 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I plan to write a brief article on this when I get a chance in order to further discredit the study.

Here is the article:

http://historum.com/blogs/ghostexorcist/...lemur.html

By the way, I've been told the first article I wrote about Ketchum's DNA study is used as a reference in an upcoming article that will appear in Skeptical Inquirer magazine. That's a nice feather in my hat.

Go you! Well done.

05-03-2013, 11:03 AM
the various biological sciences aren't usually my forte, but you have some interesting articles! I knew there was a paper out claiming to have found Bigfoot DNA, but after hearing nothing more on it assumed that it was discredited or the person authoring it had come to inconclusive results.

Presently reading up on the thread! Thanks for sharing. Smile

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
05-03-2013, 05:48 PM
(05-03-2013 09:02 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Go you! Well done.

Thanks. My archaeology professor suggested that I send my most recent article about the Chewbacca mask to Skeptical Inquirer because he thinks it may have a chance of being published. I'm not holding my breath, though.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
05-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Ketchum is starting to show her true colors. She appeared on a coast-to-coast AM radio show the other day and told the host that her study "doesn't support Darwin’s theory of evolution." I'm sure she will eventually start claiming the existence of Bigfoot proves the existence of god.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
06-03-2013, 02:53 AM
(05-03-2013 09:37 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Ketchum is starting to show her true colors. She appeared on a coast-to-coast AM radio show the other day and told the host that her study "doesn't support Darwin’s theory of evolution." I'm sure she will eventually start claiming the existence of Bigfoot proves the existence of god.

Now that's entertainment! Without the kooks this world might be a bit less colorful.