Bigfoot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Bigfoot
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49980829/ns/...LkGXIbfVh4

Quote: Genetic testing confirms the legendary Bigfoot is a human relative that arose some 15,000 years ago — at least according to a press release issued by a company called DNA Diagnostics detailing supposed work by a Texas veterinarian.

The report from Melba S. Ketchum also suggests such cryptids had sex with modern human females that resulted in hairy hominin hybrids, but the scientific community is dubious about her claim.

"A team of scientists can verify that their five-year-long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called 'Bigfoot' or 'Sasquatch,' living in North America," the release reads. "Researchers' extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago."

Some of the reader comments are a joke. They are berating the author for being a skeptic. I guess his unwillingness to accept unpublished data (that is not being shared with anyone) connected to a subject with often falsified evidence is disturbing to them. Not even the researchers know where the genetic material came from! How reliable does that make the study? The author makes a very good point that the evidence could have been contaminated with human DNA by someone not trained in proper evidence collecting techniques. As a student of primatology, I would be thrilled to learn about a newly discovered primate species, especially one in America, but I'm not going to ignore the known dubious history of the subject and pretend it's all true. As far as I'm concerned, the people who are accepting this at face value are just closing their eyes and plugging their ears in order to keep reality from crashing down on them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Melba Ketchum, the doctor mentioned in the article I posted above, is still claiming the results of her study will be published in a peer-reviewed journal. She did a radio interview recently in late December where she claimed the evidence of skin and hair samples came from 100 independent Bigfoot field researchers. If that is not questionable evidence I don't know what is! And despite the fact that none of this supposed evidence has yet to be published, people are accepting Ketchum's claims at face value and even defending her. They are soaking this shit up like creationists do when some PhD comes along claiming to have evidence for intelligent design or the afterlife. Likewise, they are ignoring and even ridiculing anyone who happens to question the research. Some of the comments I've read on various Bigfoot articles or youtube videos are just sickening. They read like a child trying to defend the existence of their imaginary friend. There is nothing behind their statements but emotion.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
12-01-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought we already settled this. Sasquatch exist and they walk among us.

[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-01-2013, 12:00 PM
(12-01-2013 11:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I thought we already settled this. Sasquatch exist and they walk among us.

[...]

Well, I guess I stand corrected.
12-01-2013, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 02:13 PM by ghostexorcist.)
The stupid, it BURNS!

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013...ially.html
14-01-2013, 12:55 AM
[Image: zoo.png]

Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 02:47 AM
(12-01-2013 11:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I thought we already settled this. Sasquatch exist and they walk among us.

[...]

That... Does not go well with your signature.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
14-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Re: Bigfoot
My eyes!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
15-01-2013, 11:23 AM
oh god I wanna throw up.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
15-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Hawt Drooling

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Shooting Bigfoot BBC 4 Sam 1 207 28-03-2014 08:41 PM
Last Post: Virgo Supercluster
  Bigfoot Genetics Paper Hoax ghostexorcist 62 4,789 17-03-2013 05:54 AM
Last Post: Chas
  why i don`t think bigfoot is in any way real dj-hato 48 2,053 18-11-2012 09:15 AM
Last Post: Erxomai