Bigfoot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Bigfoot
Have we yet to bring up our lovable but questionable woodland cousin? I didn't see it anywhere. I haven't really studied it a whole lot, but I'm skeptical. I find it odd that we haven't found a body considering how often sighting are reported. I also find it suspicious because from the description it seems like a great ape(possibly even the closest one related to us). Great apes are in Africa, and I'm puzzling over how it would fit with the geography of evolution. Anyway, my thoughts. Anyone here believe? Disbelieve? Any experiences or tales?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2011, 06:45 PM
RE: Bigfoot
On that awful awful show,Destination truth , they seem to have discovered something unknown in Nepal. The people who live there seem to believe it exists, only in the upper regions of the mountains, where it is generally unsafe for humans to travel. Of course that show sucks, as most shows like it do. I mean how come I can always think of a better way to investigate these things than they can?
So far as a bigfoot or yeti or whatever you want to call it, I think the possibility is reasonable on either side of the debate. There could be and it would be silly to out right say no there isn't one, in a world where new species as well as thought to be extinct species are discovered every day.
There are places on the planet we have yet to travel, and there are places we have been but not in-depth. Besides who's to say the creature can't camouflage itself like some lizards?
I'm on the side of believing there is probably a species of ape that we haven't found yet, and it's probably got pretty big feet.

[Image: bigfootundies.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2011, 07:46 PM
(10-07-2011 06:45 PM)lucradis Wrote:  there is probably a species of ape that we haven't found yet, and it's probably got pretty big feet.

Holy shit, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard. I hope you don't mind if I use that. Actually, I'll probably OVER-use it. That's going to be my response to nearly every question I am asked for the next week and a half.

Store Clerk: Did you find everything ok today sir?

Me: There is probably a species of ape that we haven't found yet, and it's probably got pretty big feet.

Store Clerk: (on intercom) Security to checkout four please.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-07-2011, 06:03 PM

I have always thought that it could be possible.
Earth is a frontier we have not fully and deeply explored.
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM

(12-07-2011 06:03 PM)LittleOne Wrote:  I have always thought that it could be possible.
Earth is a frontier we have not fully and deeply explored.

It is a frontier and we will always be finding new species and making interesting discoveries. But the proposed animal is very large, and I imagine that scientists can determine its environment and which region of the world it lives in based on the locations of numerous "sightings." I don't see how it has avoided being observed and reliably documented if it does exist and so many people claim to have seen it. I think it's completely absurd to believe it exists. I'd put it in the same category as alien abductions and religion: conveniently unverifiable proposals that always have an explanation for the complete lack of solid evidence.
18-07-2011, 01:02 PM

My hypothesis: The Chimpanzees are gathering their forces in secret, ready for an attack against the dominance of man. The ones we've seen are their sentries.

This is a 100% totally valid suggestion.
18-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I still haven't figured out how they plan to arm their brethren stationed secretly in zoos across the world for the global insurgence though. They realize that they need more than a single band of chimpanzees for this to be pulled off.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-07-2011, 06:52 PM
You made me remember, for that you will pay...

Proof of Chimp imminent overthrow

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Yea...this has been a pretty elaborate hoax. I think nearly any scientist who has looked at the evidence would agree. The man in the suit on the grainy video? Likely a very well made suit from one of the famous Hollywood special effect artists at the time. The prints? Well the pic explains that.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
25-07-2011, 06:11 PM
anyone else going to see 'rise of the planet of the apes' when it comes out?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"