Bigger Avatars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Bigger Avatars
100x100 is just a LITTLE small don't you think? I mean couldn't they be just a tiny little bit bigger?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2012, 05:02 PM
RE: Bigger Avatars
We no limits on sig bars before, and they got huge... took up a lot of space. I'd prefer the space to be dedicated to the post rather than the avatar that we'll all see a hundred/thousand times per member.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
23-05-2012, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 05:12 PM by TheArcticSage.)
(23-05-2012 05:02 PM)kineo Wrote:  We no limits on sig bars before, and they got huge... took up a lot of space. I'd prefer the space to be dedicated to the post rather than the avatar that we'll all see a hundred/thousand times per member.
I'm not asking for much, maybe just 150x150 or 200x200?

I mean, if I had all the pixels in my avatar I would have 1 pixel.
23-05-2012, 05:30 PM
If you can give me one legitimate reason as to why I will say yes. Make sure to have some evidence to prove that your reason is legitimate.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
23-05-2012, 05:37 PM
(23-05-2012 05:30 PM)lucradis Wrote:  If you can give me one legitimate reason as to why I will say yes. Make sure to have some evidence to prove that your reason is legitimate.
because people generally enjoy bigger avatars? Or at least avatars that they can see... why do you think the guy in your avatar is taking off his sunglasses? because he's trying to see it better.
23-05-2012, 05:43 PM
And that was not good enough. Also the guy in my avatar is taking his glasses off because he's too cool for them.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
23-05-2012, 06:05 PM
(23-05-2012 05:43 PM)lucradis Wrote:  And that was not good enough. Also the guy in my avatar is taking his glasses off because he's too cool for them.
Actually I don't think he's taking the off... it looks like he's either adjusting them or just putting them on. I can't really see it because it's so small. Um a good reason to make avatars bigger... well other than the fact that people would be able to see the details better I've got nothing.
23-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Actually you're right, he's taking them down just a little so you can see the amusement in his eyes.

Keeping the avatars the size they are means people are more likely to ask about them, thus creating more interesting conversation. In a forum where conversation is the main selling point I think we have a winner.

Also my avatar is a character named Cassidy, he is a vampire and a douchebag. He's from a series called Preacher, which is one of the greatest things ever written down on paper.

[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
23-05-2012, 06:19 PM
What might be possible is making it bigger in the user profile page. It already is bigger there, though I can make it bigger again.

I don't think the thread-view page should have large avatars. I prefer content over repetition and endless scrolling.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post
23-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Now that is an idea I can get behind and it's justified. I fuckin love you dude. In a strictly straight way.

[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post