Bikers going nuts for jebus ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Bikers going nuts for jebus ?
I'm on a biker forum (the motorcycle kind) and fighting with the worst holy rollers yet. I dont get it, back in the day we were proud to be heathens and coulda cared less about religion. Seems like the tides are changing for the worst.

I wonder if the old gaurd is just getting old and feeble or dont have the kick ass balls that is needed not to conform to the pressures of society.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm seeing red here and about to go militant on their asses.

Rant over
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
05-12-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Bikers going nuts for jebus ?
Of all the MCs I've encountered, including the big name 1%ers, The Soldiers for Jesus made me feel the most nervous.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 2 users Like daylightisabadthing's post
06-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Your right about that Daylightisabadthing, the other scary bunch are LEO M/C clubs. I think the MC world has just changed for the worse...... I blame the damn yuppies Unsure I think. Blush
11-12-2013, 08:54 AM
I seem to notice more and more bike clubs that have a religious affiliation to them. What the hell happened to the badass bikers I remember from my teens and 20s?

The God Squad just doesn't belong in leathers.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-12-2013, 09:04 AM
(11-12-2013 08:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I seem to notice more and more bike clubs that have a religious affiliation to them. What the hell happened to the badass bikers I remember from my teens and 20s?

Ted Haggard begs to differ with the leather aspect of your comment. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
(11-12-2013 09:04 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 08:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I seem to notice more and more bike clubs that have a religious affiliation to them. What the hell happened to the badass bikers I remember from my teens and 20s?

Ted Haggard begs to differ with the leather aspect of your comment. Drinking Beverage

ICK...off to bleach my brain, thanks a lot kid. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-12-2013, 09:33 AM
OK, I had to look up the "ted haggard" thing......... Ohmy

Well the bible thumper bunch in that forum finally just gave up, luckily another old time member was, it seems a atheist also and well versed as such. So I had some help.

Anjele, the badass clubs of the past have had to move into the 21rst century along with the rest of the world or die out altogether. The 'in your face' hardcore ways are frowned upon even by the big name clubs, drawing negative attention to themselves just hasnt worked that well and times are ripe to change public perceptions.

This might explain why the religious front for some of the smaller groups, but its certainly a hypocrisy for the biker lifestyle of drinking hard, drugs/parties and fast bikes and women.

Dont know...... its just got this old man scratching his head sometimes. Frusty
12-12-2013, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 03:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I'm all for being inclusive rather than exclusive. Also things can and will change over time. If a bunch of Jesus-freaks want to ride HD's together, so be it. If that's not your thing, it's not your thing; but you don't get to dictate to other's what 'being a biker' means to them. I see a lot of this same shit in the gamer community, with so-called 'hardcore' gamers giving shit to the 'casual' gamers because they aren't being gamer enough for their liking. What bollocks. If your grandma plays Farmville on Facebook, she's a gamer; get over it.

Hell, I ride a 93' Honda CB750 Nighthawk in a city filled with baby-boomer weekend-warriors yuppies that barely know how to use their clutch lever, let alone wear helmets. I never drink and ride, while bar-hoping is a favorite local pastime in the summer. God botherer or not, they're still bikers. I just consider most of them dangerously inept amateur riders, but they're still riders. I just wish they'd actually take the MSF riding courses and get their licences.

Hopefully more people get into biking and can enjoy it as much as I do. Look at the trend in new motorcycles coming from the manufacturers. They're trending back towards smaller and more newcomer friendly designs. I want a new super retro CB1100, but I'm happy to see their new CB500 (X, F, R) series and the even smaller CB250R and CRF250L. That's great, smaller less expensive bikes will hopefully get more people out on two wheels; and that helps spread awareness. Jesus isn't going to save them if they make a mistake on two wheels, but they don't need to disavow their imaginary friend to get on a bike either.

[Image: motoG0G71B817830.jpg]

1993 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
12-12-2013, 02:04 AM
A lot of the local MC's here have switched to this "Holy bros" type crap. Our local bike scene had a large mixture of people. Sportbikes, trackday nuts, cruising peeps and people who just wanted to talk bikes.... to these people who "Ride for jesus" and what not. Drives me crazy. The sportbike scene has been dead for years on end. I owned (still do, but they're dead) some forums some time ago for locals. They split into a bunch of different MC's and I got tired of dealing with it. Now those have died off and the few left are these boring, annoying, ride for jeebus type clubs.

On a positive side of the spectrum, a few of them do toys for tots and locks of love, stuff like that. Most of the people are twice my age though, so I can't really get into being around the locals much anymore when it comes to riding. None of the group ride members are left, most my riding buddies moved away and others in different states. I pretty much just ride on my own anymore, or me and my wife take the bike on a trip. No longer am involved in any groups locally.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
12-12-2013, 02:20 AM
(05-12-2013 04:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm on a biker forum (the motorcycle kind) and fighting with the worst holy rollers yet. I dont get it, back in the day we were proud to be heathens and coulda cared less about religion. Seems like the tides are changing for the worst.

I wonder if the old gaurd is just getting old and feeble or dont have the kick ass balls that is needed not to conform to the pressures of society.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm seeing red here and about to go militant on their asses.

Rant over
Not all bikers are Sonny Barger, so it doesn't surprise me that Christian based clubs exist......but, maybe there is a social change in the lifestyle. The baby-boomer yuppie weekend bikers could be partially to blame for the lifestyle becoming more PG rated.