Bikers going nuts for jebus ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 02:38 AM
RE: Bikers going nuts for jebus ?
(05-12-2013 04:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm on a biker forum (the motorcycle kind) and fighting with the worst holy rollers yet. I dont get it, back in the day we were proud to be heathens and coulda cared less about religion. Seems like the tides are changing for the worst.

I wonder if the old gaurd is just getting old and feeble or dont have the kick ass balls that is needed not to conform to the pressures of society.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm seeing red here and about to go militant on their asses.

Rant over

You in Deutschland? I ask b/c your avatar...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 02:58 AM
(05-12-2013 04:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm on a biker forum (the motorcycle kind) and fighting with the worst holy rollers yet.

Well, I can see that: the ones who ride seem to think that it makes them some sort of "righteous badass" figure, in their view....

Quote:I dont get it, back in the day we were proud to be heathens and coulda cared less about religion. Seems like the tides are changing for the worst.

Well, keep up your pride, I guess...

Quote:I wonder if the old gaurd is just getting old and feeble or dont have the kick ass balls that is needed not to conform to the pressures of society.

Really have to wonder who this "old guard" is that you are complaining about...Certainly doesn't describe any of the patch bros I have run into.

Quote:Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm seeing red here and about to go militant on their asses.

Go ahead.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-12-2013, 05:51 AM

You in Deutschland? I ask b/c your avatar...
[/quote]

No not in Deutshland anymore, I was however born and raised there.

Anyway, I may need to clarify a bit on the term 'biker' and what I mean by it . The term biker has since the early 80s gotten pussified and now seems PC for anyone on a motorcycle. In the context that I'm talking about is more from the 60s-70s era, chopper riding MC club kind. Tho I no longer hold a patch, that was the time I came up in.

Understand that I'm not trying to minimise anyone elses take on the 'lifestyle', what they ride or who they ride with, and I have possibly seen more from the inside of this (1%) lifestyle than most ever will.

I guess I'm just being a bit nostalgic for the old days and my youth. Weeping haha
12-12-2013, 07:13 AM
(05-12-2013 04:55 PM)War Horse Wrote:  I'm on a biker forum (the motorcycle kind) and fighting with the worst holy rollers yet. I dont get it, back in the day we were proud to be heathens and coulda cared less about religion. Seems like the tides are changing for the worst.

I wonder if the old gaurd is just getting old and feeble or dont have the kick ass balls that is needed not to conform to the pressures of society.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I'm seeing red here and about to go militant on their asses.

Rant over

Yeah the bikers in my age group are the old hippie-non-conformist-sort that were pretty anti-religion (at least the ones I knew). But they're not the strong guard any more it seems. The younger crowd that stepped in seems less liberal and more religious. All part of the clean-up-committee of bikers, I'd guess. Seems like ever since that "Hell's Angels" group made such a splash in the media bikers have preferred to come across more Christian and less heathen.
Your mileage may vary - but that's what I have witnessed anyway.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.