Bill Cosby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Cosby Jury Deadlocked
(16-06-2017 07:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It is not the acquittal of the guilty which we should bemoan, but the potential to convict the innocent
QFT Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
23-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Dirty Old Men
[Juror Says Bill Cosby 'Already Paid His Price' by Tracy Connor | MSN] "The panel was deeply divided — "up the middle" — as they tried to decide if the comedian was guilty of three counts of aggravated indecent assault for drugging and molesting Andrea Constand in 2004, the anonymous juror told NBC affiliate WPXI in an exclusive interview.

The juror declined to say how he voted, but called Cosby "very honest" and questioned Constand's actions, including a yearlong delay in reporting the alleged assault.

He also said it would be a "waste of money" to retry Cosby and thinks the star — who has been accused of sexual misconduct by 50-plus women over the last two years — has been punished enough.

"Whatever the man did, he has already paid his price, paid and suffered," the juror told WPXI. "He's looking bad. I was wondering if he was going to make it through the whole trial."..." Full text: Juror Says Bill Cosby 'Already Paid His Price' Ex 20:14
23-06-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: Bill Cosby
Threads merged

23-06-2017, 07:23 AM
If he wasn't rich and famous his life would be completely ruined. People only have sympathy for him because he's rich and famous.

23-06-2017, 07:37 AM
(23-06-2017 07:23 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If he wasn't rich and famous his life would be completely ruined. People only have sympathy for him because he's rich and famous.

Well, that's the thing, isn't it?

He's tarnished no matter what any jury might say.

If he's found guilty, the tarnish is deserved.

But if he's innocent, he's still a pariah.

The accusation is enough to ruin anyone. And if they're not guilty, their lives are still destroyed.

In Canada, a similar trial acquitted the accused because the complainants lied and lied and lied under oath. The Crown Prosecutor botched the case so badly I'm surprised he still has a job. And the defence attorney shredded what was left off the prosecution's case. (I have no doubt that, if the complainants needed an attorney, they would have hired the accused's attorney in a heartbeat, if they could afford her.)

And yet the acquitted man's career is effectively over. He, too, is now a pariah in journalism and broadcast circles, even though he was found not guilty.
23-06-2017, 08:10 AM
(23-06-2017 07:23 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  If he wasn't rich and famous his life would be completely ruined. People only have sympathy for him because he's rich and famous.

Look at OJ. He was rich and famous and last I've heard from him he's wearing orange right now and hasn't got two cents to rub together.

Cosby's pushing 80. Even if they don't lock him up, he's pretty much done now. Nobody will offer him even a job as janitor. He's promotional poison. And I see a lot of settlements on the horizon. If for no other reason than to keep it out of the public eye. I don't think he will get to enjoy the upcoming years very much. Convicted or not.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
23-06-2017, 08:42 AM
If reasonable doubt is a comforting blanket for the guilty, I can live with that as long as it's also a shield for the truly innocent. Unfortunately though, for the defendant in our justice system, one tends to get only so much blanket or shield as he can pay for.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
23-06-2017, 10:05 AM
From a 2015 deposition:
Paid women off after persuading them into sex, having pursued them by using his powerful position in the entertainment industry and affecting a concern for their future, as well as offering them sedating drugs.

Andrea Constand, first made a complaint against him in 2005, as did Therese Serignese who was 19 when she met Cosby.

Nearly 60 women have accused Cosby of assault

"When you got the Quaaludes, was it in your mind that you were going to use these Quaaludes for young women that you wanted to have sex with?" Troiani asked.
"Yes," Cosby replied.

Hmm ... Consider if you have to drug people to have sex with you, I'm going to say, you have a problem. I'm also willing to bet your problem seriously effects the lives of others. Probably not something you thought of at the time but, oh well - that was then and this is now. The fact that he has admitted to it (and has since his deposition several years ago) seems to confuse people.

Is the sentiment, "Well, it was the 70s and 80s - it was a different time."? I would venture to say that he was a guy with inadequacy issues, who lived in a cultural and social structure which enabled him to just not get help. He apparently felt that countering his inadequacies with accomplishments, either real or imagined, was the way to go. He gave no consideration to the lives of others in racking up his accomplishments.

I suppose people don't want to see someone they've admired to be dragged through the unsavory muck of their own life.

If he would come out and say, "I fucked up and this behavior isn't right. I have no one to blame but myself for not recognizing this and I'm deeply sorry for fucking up so many lives." - I think many people would go back to respecting him for being a stand up guy. As well, he might gain some self respect - something he obviously was lacking or he wouldn't have had to drug people to have sex with him.

Everyone always says they want to "get rid of the stigma of mental illness" but ... is this a possibility when the behavior is a crime?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-06-2017, 10:43 AM
(23-06-2017 10:05 AM)kim Wrote:  If he would come out and say, "I fucked up and this behavior isn't right. I have no one to blame but myself for not recognizing this and I'm deeply sorry for fucking up so many lives." - I think many people would go back to respecting him for being a stand up guy. As well, he might gain some self respect - something he obviously was lacking or he wouldn't have had to drug people to have sex with him.

Would the people come back to respecting Jimmy Savile if he admitted to what he did before he died? I mean, he used philantropy as a weapon to abuse kids. He also used his position in the media industry. But the former is more despicable than the latter, far as I am concerned.

Cosby also abused his position. I never was a fan of his. The guy is done for, with or without a trial. I even think it would be the better punishment if he's sued out of his last dime than actually going to prison. One step of punishment is already taken. I very much doubt that many of his former collegues or friends want to be seen associating with him. He's already a paria and I guess that will hurt him more than trial after trial, which can take eternities, given his first class team of lawyers.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
23-06-2017, 10:45 AM
He may be not guilty of the crimes he's accused of, but he's guilty of being a piece of shit.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post