Bill Maher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Bill Maher
is pissing on someones parade again. Good for him Thumbsup

Hope this wasnt already posted, I just found it Blush

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 17 users Like War Horse's post
19-03-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Bill Maher
That was hilarious, you sir win an internets

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Loved the closing line on who can't do what...brilliant.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-03-2014, 03:03 PM
I love Mahr's rules for religion.

The channel that this video is on has an entire series of them.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 6 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
19-03-2014, 03:05 PM
One of the things I find funny about Bill Maher is that for someone that doesn't believe in God he gets very very angry about God. Classic anti-theist. I have an issue with that and it has nothing to do with theism in the slightest just extremism that I'll share later.

The rational is very simple and I'm surprised it took me as long as it has to figure it out.

I've gotten into some nock down drag out fights with people trying to discuss atheism in some groups before and I never connected the dots, the people that react like this are invariably awakened theists or natural atheists that grew up in religious households, either way, someone that has close intimate contact with the worst theism has to offer. I was blessed (pun intended) growing up in a faith neutral household, my Mother was raised Catholic my Father's parents had strong Catholic ties but religion was never an issue in our household, so I had just a good common sense upbringing from people that weren't angry with faith despite disbelief or at least only cursory ritualistic prayer on the key holidays mostly to appease the relatives rather than the family.

What I've come to determine is that there all kinds of extremism, hardcore theism as well as hardcore atheism are bred into an individual either through positive or negative reinforcement that tends to reach the edges of experience very little middle, and I had NO idea how rare having an upbringing that was religiously neutral really was until I started to look into atheist communities as I most strongly identify with a hybrid agnostic + theological non-cognitive.

It's an intense curiosity for me because I LIKE to discuss religion and the problem is that people chose sides rather than keep an open mind (in both directions outside of strict adherence to scripture) and that was my real epiphany, it's not the topic so much as it's the viewpoint we go into the topic that determines the outcome.

To me this indicates that theism/atheism isn't the actual problem here as far as theology goes but it's extremism in general that is the serious issue and find it absolutely RIDICULOUS how difficult it is to find people that have a truly neutral stance on these matters that are willing to actually sanely discuss things rather than repeating talking points like a bad politician.

*I dunno, just my two cents.*
*Anyone got change?*
19-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Now that Cosmos is out and Neil has been on Cobert I bet he makes the rounds to Bill's show too.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
19-03-2014, 04:47 PM
But........ but I love Russel Crowe. Weeping
I see every movie he does. He's just kinda scrappy and scruffy looking - dunno.....like maybe since he's not such a pretty boy he'd try a bit harder to please...

*shrug*

I'll let you all know if my suspicious are true after our date.

carry on

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
19-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Russell Crowe is fine as hell

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
19-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Quote:Now that Cosmos is out and Neil has been on Cobert I bet he makes the rounds to Bill's show too.

He's a frequent guest on Real Time.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
19-03-2014, 09:26 PM
(19-03-2014 03:05 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  One of the things I find funny about Bill Maher is that for someone that doesn't believe in God he gets very very angry about God.

You got it all wrong. He gets riled up about, and pokes fun at, the people who fervently believe in this bullshit, even if for no other reason than the people who fervently believe in the bullshit are influencing laws and education for all of us, whether we like it or not, in a negative way.

Big difference.
[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post