Bill Maher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: Bill Maher
(19-03-2014 03:05 PM)Sceadwian Wrote:  One of the things I find funny about Bill Maher is that for someone that doesn't believe in God he gets very very angry about God.

You got it all wrong. He gets riled up about, and pokes fun at, the people who fervently believe in this bullshit, even if for no other reason than the people who fervently believe in the bullshit are influencing laws and education for all of us, whether we like it or not.

Big difference.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2014, 04:54 AM
George Carlin and Bill Maher's stand up comedy is what got me to realise what religion is doing to people and also got me more involved with atheism.

I dont always agree with Bill's outlook on other subjects, but when it comes to religion, I do.

Oh, BTW, Russell Crow wouldnt be such a bad guy if he would just stop hitting people with telephones.... Gasp .. Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
20-03-2014, 04:58 AM
Bill Maher is not an atheist, he is anti-organised religion. He is also a total fucking woo-meister.

I can't understand the acceptance of him by non-believers. He deserves nothing but censure from skeptics.
20-03-2014, 05:35 AM
(20-03-2014 04:58 AM)Juv Wrote:  Bill Maher is not an atheist, he is anti-organised religion. He is also a total fucking woo-meister.

I can't understand the acceptance of him by non-believers. He deserves nothing but censure from skeptics.

Please explain 'woo-meister' ...
Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
20-03-2014, 05:41 AM
(20-03-2014 04:58 AM)Juv Wrote:  Bill Maher is not an atheist, he is anti-organised religion. He is also a total fucking woo-meister.

What religion is he, then? I'm not saying you're wrong; all I have to go by is the two or three videos I've seen of him on YouTube, and that's about it.
20-03-2014, 06:09 AM
(20-03-2014 05:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

What religion is he, then? I'm not saying you're wrong; all I have to go by is the two or three videos I've seen of him on YouTube, and that's about it.

I think he was brought up catholic if I am remembering correctly from Religulous...it's been a while since I watched that but I'm sure he said catholic.

Is he not atheist then? I was under the impression he was. We don't get his show in the UK (well I don't, there may well be some channel I don't have that does) so I'm just going by his stand-up, Religulous and You Tube clips.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
20-03-2014, 06:33 AM
(20-03-2014 06:09 AM)Eva Wrote:  I think he was brought up catholic if I am remembering correctly from Religulous...it's been a while since I watched that but I'm sure he said catholic.

Is he not atheist then? I was under the impression he was. We don't get his show in the UK (well I don't, there may well be some channel I don't have that does) so I'm just going by his stand-up, Religulous and You Tube clips.

Eva, I do believe your right, he was raised catholic and is now an atheist.

Heres a link to some of his most recent shows.

http://realtimewithbillmaher.blogspot.com/

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
20-03-2014, 06:49 AM
(20-03-2014 06:33 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 06:09 AM)Eva Wrote:  I think he was brought up catholic if I am remembering correctly from Religulous...it's been a while since I watched that but I'm sure he said catholic.

Eva, I do believe your right, he was raised catholic and is now an atheist.

Heres a link to some of his most recent shows.

http://realtimewithbillmaher.blogspot.com/

He most certainly is an atheist. He has said so himself several times and finds the concept of god to be ridiculous. The only wooish crap that I've heard from him was about vaccines. He made some statement on twitter a while back about not everyone needing the H1N1 vaccine and said some people who got it were idiots.

I really don't thing that makes him a "woomeister" and disqualifies him from using the term atheist.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
20-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Quote:I think he was brought up catholic if I am remembering correctly from Religulous...

I was brought up "catholic" too...just like him. We both got better.

Fuck the pope.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
20-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Not everyone that's an atheist is free of all bad ideas. Bill Maher make some stupid comments about vaccines, and Penn Jillette is a libertarian.

They can't all be winners.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post