Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 08:39 PM
RE: Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children
I saw it before--funny thing was tonight in my CNA class, the teacher opened up a "random" youtube video from the main page of the other teacher's profile (you know, the recommended things?) and it was a video with other atheist-themed ones. He played it to see if the sound worked, it didn't, I was almost saddened.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I respect Mr. Nye. His show always interested me, and it took some balls to publicly say something like this.

I had a look at some of the comments on the video after having watched it. I had to close the browser window before I face palmed myself to death...
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
28-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Has anyone rewatched Bill Nye as an adult since they were children? I'm curious what I may think of it now compared to when I was a child.
28-08-2012, 10:10 PM
(28-08-2012 10:09 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Has anyone rewatched Bill Nye as an adult since they were children? I'm curious what I may think of it now compared to when I was a child.

Sounds like a project for you!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
28-08-2012, 10:12 PM
(28-08-2012 10:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 10:09 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Has anyone rewatched Bill Nye as an adult since they were children? I'm curious what I may think of it now compared to when I was a child.

Sounds like a project for you!

Yeah... I have a little Star Trek project going on right now. Undecided
28-08-2012, 10:30 PM
(28-08-2012 10:12 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 10:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sounds like a project for you!

Yeah... I have a little Star Trek project going on right now. Undecided

Star Trek with midgets? Fascinating. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
28-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I have watched it! I play then for my kid all the time. She's too young to care but I still enjoy myself. I somehow find the songs less corny and more enjoyable now.
The only real difference is I pretty much know all the science he's talking about. Still enjoyable. Quality programming. Not everything old sucks, I mean look at tv of today and hold bill nye up next to them. Jersey shore over here, science over there. No contest.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
29-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I volunteer for this experiment! Lemme see what I can dig up...
[+] 3 users Like SlipStitch's post
31-08-2012, 04:21 PM
So the creationist fools have posted a rebuttal to Nye's video, which was widely watched. It's pretty pathetic.

http://blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/...-rebuttal/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

31-08-2012, 04:30 PM
We still watch Bill Nye in school. Ironically, we watched a few of his videos the other day in my zoology class. I love Nye. He's a childhood inspiration to several generations.

This video really pissed creationists off and then the sick twitter rumor about Nye having passed away sprung up. It was quickly debunked, though there are still a few people who haven't read on the trend and still think that he is.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post