Bill Nye: End of Creationism is Nigh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: Bill Nye: End of Creationism is Nigh
I understand there won't be a time when no one will believe in creationism. Except maybe in 1000 years from now when I believe all religion will be evolved out of us...maybe 2000 years when supernatural will be a thing of the past....long past.

To me, creationism being dead will simply mean that any politician trying to advocate for it or openly admit to it as part of their political agenda and people marching in the streets crying about how they wont take their bibles away in their government etc etc....along with the creation museum. All of it will simply vanish.

We never see any flat earther politicians trying to get flat earth into schools or museums for flat earth or the 10 commandment lunies for flat earth standing on a government institutes front steps with a megaphone, and screaming about flat earth this and bible in school to teach their flat earth ways that.

all of that will be gone. I predict 10 years after the discovery of life in space. That will be when we will see a massive amount of people disbanding from creationism that it will just be fallen into obscurity like flat earthers and people who believe Elvis is still alive.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2014, 10:27 AM
(04-10-2014 01:33 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I understand there won't be a time when no one will believe in creationism. Except maybe in 1000 years from now when I believe all religion will be evolved out of us...maybe 2000 years when supernatural will be a thing of the past....long past.

To me, creationism being dead will simply mean that any politician trying to advocate for it or openly admit to it as part of their political agenda and people marching in the streets crying about how they wont take their bibles away in their government etc etc....along with the creation museum. All of it will simply vanish.

We never see any flat earther politicians trying to get flat earth into schools or museums for flat earth or the 10 commandment lunies for flat earth standing on a government institutes front steps with a megaphone, and screaming about flat earth this and bible in school to teach their flat earth ways that.

all of that will be gone. I predict 10 years after the discovery of life in space. That will be when we will see a massive amount of people disbanding from creationism that it will just be fallen into obscurity like flat earthers and people who believe Elvis is still alive.

You are optimistic, Many countries have so little creationist that you can say that they don't have any at all. If life is discovered in space it won't matter, faith trumps all to those people. To add creationism tied with religion has power, creationism can make a religion more powerful, so many politicians will try to push it. Creationism leaving america will take more than 3000 years, as this country is very religious in Christianity compared to other first world christian countries.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-10-2014, 04:01 PM
500,000 years maybe?

04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
(04-10-2014 04:01 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  500,000 years maybe?

Yeah, but by then america won't even be a country.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Bill NYE says the end is NIGH.... [img][Image: rolling.gif][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-10-2014, 10:00 PM
(04-10-2014 04:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bill NYE says the end is NIGH.... [img][Image: rolling.gif][/img]

Why did I read that in song form? Laugh out load

09-01-2015, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 09:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Bill Nye was on Science Friday today.
http://www.sciencefriday.com/guests/akik...dth-list/1
He also has a new book, called "Undeniable" about Evolution.

(There's also a great segment on epigenetics, and how genes are expressed, and some interesting things about how THIS generation's behaviors may be passed along epi-genetically).

Click on "view current week" at the top, to see the segments.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-01-2015, 02:37 AM
(02-10-2014 10:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 07:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not so optimistic. Dodgy

We still have flat-earthers, geocentrists, and astrologers in 2014. Facepalm

Sure, but what's the last time geocentrists controlled a school board and re-wrote curricula?

There will always be willful ignorance, but at least it might becomes less influential...

*cough cough Texas cough cough cough cough *
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
10-01-2015, 06:36 AM
I dunno...religion has been with us since recorded history and, arguably before that, from the archeological record (I know, citation needed..uh..).

So what makes us think we've got the answer for mass cretinism now?

[Image: problemsdemotivator.jpg]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
10-01-2015, 06:41 AM
(10-01-2015 06:36 AM)gofish! Wrote:  I dunno...religion has been with us since recorded history and, arguably before that, from the archeological record (I know, citation needed..uh..).

So what makes us think we've got the answer for mass cretinism now?

[Image: problemsdemotivator.jpg]

Stop reading Diddles' posts. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.