Bill Nye: End of Creationism is Nigh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Bill Nye: End of Creationism is Nigh
(10-01-2015 06:41 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 06:36 AM)gofish! Wrote:  I dunno...religion has been with us since recorded history and, arguably before that, from the archeological record (I know, citation needed..uh..).

So what makes us think we've got the answer for mass cretinism now?

[Image: problemsdemotivator.jpg]

Stop reading Diddles' posts. Tongue

Yeah, I know, I should lay off his threads, but his vacuousness is breathtaking...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Just give it time.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114544/darwin...ution.aspx Wrote:[Image: s_ff8lvlpe-7g8anx-amsg.gif]
That's from an American poll, btw.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2015, 08:55 AM
(10-01-2015 08:42 AM)cactus Wrote:  Just give it time.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114544/darwin...ution.aspx Wrote:[Image: s_ff8lvlpe-7g8anx-amsg.gif]
That's from an American poll, btw.

I like the disclaimer at the bottom about sampling error and the way questions are written. Seems this study begs the question about whether or not a relationship exists between education levels - church attendance and/or reporting of, or holding various beliefs.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-01-2015, 09:11 AM
(10-01-2015 08:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I like the disclaimer at the bottom about sampling error and the way questions are written. Seems this study begs the question about whether or not a relationship exists between education levels - church attendance and/or reporting of, or holding various beliefs.
Yeah, these questions should really be asked independently, and randomly dispersed among other totally unrelated questions.
Also, it's a phone poll. Who actually answers phone polls? I'm surprised they got even 1000 responses. lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2015, 09:40 AM
(10-01-2015 09:11 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 08:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I like the disclaimer at the bottom about sampling error and the way questions are written. Seems this study begs the question about whether or not a relationship exists between education levels - church attendance and/or reporting of, or holding various beliefs.
Yeah, these questions should really be asked independently, and randomly dispersed among other totally unrelated questions.
Also, it's a phone poll. Who actually answers phone polls? I'm surprised they got even 1000 responses. lol

I'm not sure how a researcher could actually go about presenting questions about religion, and expect to get honest replies. The environment for the survey would have to be set up as "non-judgmental". How could that even be done, these days ?
Probably anonymous and paper (ie not on the phone, or face-to-face) ??

One study I've fantasied doing myself, would be to "go to confession" to maybe 50 different Catholic priests, in different parishes and areas. In the confessional, seek advice about marriage, sexual issues, various hot-button type questions and keep track. I KNOW that in private, priests don't follow the "party line". I guess it would be dishonest to do "fake confessions", but it would be interesting.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.