Bill Nye Responds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Bill Nye Responds
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/bill_nyes_...ham_debate

Bill Nye talking about the build up to and the debate with Ken Ham. Also talks about people being mad about him taking on the debate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-04-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: Bill Nye Responds
Thanks for posting this.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Agreed. I found it quite interesting (I didn't actually watch the debate).
16-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Thanks for that. It was good to read Bill's account of the the debate and his preparation for it. Thumbsup

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
16-04-2014, 02:07 PM
I have a subscription to Skeptical Inquirer magazine which actually has the print version of this article. I haven't read any of the current issues, so I would have missed this gem if not for this thread. Thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I am not a supporter of this debate. Although Nye 'won', he did not win well enough. He never went for Ham's throat. It'll come back to haunt us all.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-04-2014, 01:46 AM
(16-04-2014 03:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am not a supporter of this debate. Although Nye 'won', he did not win well enough. He never went for Ham's throat. It'll come back to haunt us all.

Bill doesn't strike me as a go for the throat kinda guy. He stayed true to who he was and I like that about him. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see someone go for Ham's throat. Shame Hitch is gone, Ham's needs a Hitchslap Yes But I suspect most people just wouldn't waste their time on Ham as they would just spend most of the debate going Facepalm

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post