"Bill Nye the Strawman Guy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 08:43 PM
RE: "Bill Nye the Strawman Guy"
(03-03-2014 09:13 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 09:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But why bother when you have a god on your side who could have just poof'd an ark into existence?

Drinking Beverage

Because apparently god can test you and trick you.
BUT don't do it back! He doesn't like that Sadcryface

You are not supposed to test god because he is very likely to fail...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
03-03-2014, 09:06 PM
(03-03-2014 01:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: If-You-Build-It-Quote.png]

Wasn't that the cover to Joseph Mortimer Granville's biography.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
03-03-2014, 09:16 PM
"Bill Nye the Strawman Guy"
I hope The Hamster actually manages to build the thing. I'd like to see him cooped up in that thing for 5 months with even as little as 2000 animals at sea. Very clever move he played building the damned thing so far from an ocean...or is he preparing for Flood 2.0?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
03-03-2014, 10:30 PM
I would like to point out something else I noticed while looking at the "ark encounter" site. In this picture here, which I screen shot from their site, you will see the "ark" next to a highlighted area to the upper left.

That highlighted area is the petting zoo. They apparently need this much room for a petting zoo, for a handful of animals, but expect people to believe all those animals, and many, many, many more could fit on that one boat...

[Image: arkmap2_zps55aad2d7.png]

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
03-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I hope they do end up making it. I think they will just end up exposing how impossible it all is in the end.

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
03-03-2014, 11:37 PM
"The notion of judgment is one of the reasons secularists like Mr. Nye mock Noah’s Ark and the Flood."

Speaking of Straw Men, just how does Ham claim to know Bill Nye's motives? I *know* Nye didn't say the above in the debate.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
03-03-2014, 11:58 PM
(03-03-2014 10:30 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I would like to point out something else I noticed while looking at the "ark encounter" site. In this picture here, which I screen shot from their site, you will see the "ark" next to a highlighted area to the upper left.

That highlighted area is the petting zoo. They apparently need this much room for a petting zoo, for a handful of animals, but expect people to believe all those animals, and many, many, many more could fit on that one boat...

IIRC, the "ark" they are making is supposed to be smaller than the one that was supposedly built. I always reserve the Right to be Wrong, though...

However, Nye made some excellent points in the debate about the impossibility of building a ship the size that is claimed out of wood, using the example of the 6-masted schooner Wyoming, arguably the longest wooden ship ever made (depending on how it is measured), which was much smaller than the mythical ark, and which sank because it pushed the boundaries of wooden shipbuilding too hard, and also with the example of the (IIRC) National Zoo, which is much larger than this ark would be, and houses FAR fewer animals than the myth by ANY stretch.

[Image: e5f64b84a60b9fc5a01c8d64ce820eba.png]

Source: http://www.policymic.com/articles/81219/...ism-debate

But the KILLERS were the evidence of trees that are far older than Ham claims the world is, dated by growth rings, and the "snow-ice" cores that indicate over 160,000 winter/summer cycles.

04-03-2014, 12:08 AM
OK, well, I just Googled it and it appears that the boat Ham intends to build will be "full-scale" if it ever is completed.

And so here is MY CHALLENGE TO FUCKING KEN HAM:

If you REALLY want to prove your fairy tale story, then build that fucker in a seaport in Florida, fill it full of lions and tigers and bears and alligators and rattlesnakes and two of every animal, insect, and you and eight of your best friends launch that son of a bitch into the face of the next fucking hurricane that comes up. And IF you survive that -- and I KNOW you won't -- then live adrift on that sumbitch for a year without any outside help, food, propulsion, navigational aid -- live just as your mythical Noah supposedly did -- and let's see if you and your little menagerie survive.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-03-2014, 12:11 AM
(03-03-2014 09:16 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I hope The Hamster actually manages to build the thing. I'd like to see him cooped up in that thing for 5 months with even as little as 2000 animals at sea. Very clever move he played building the damned thing so far from an ocean...or is he preparing for Flood 2.0?

I think he is hedging his bet in fear that someone (LIKE ME) would challenge him to actually try to SAIL the son of a bitch.

04-03-2014, 03:37 AM
(03-03-2014 10:30 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I would like to point out something else I noticed while looking at the "ark encounter" site. In this picture here, which I screen shot from their site, you will see the "ark" next to a highlighted area to the upper left.

My thoughts exactly.

[Image: NoahsArkV.San-Diego-Zoo.jpeg]

[Image: qce9oP7.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post