"Bill Nye the Strawman Guy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: "Bill Nye the Strawman Guy"
(03-03-2014 10:30 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I would like to point out something else I noticed while looking at the "ark encounter" site. In this picture here, which I screen shot from their site, you will see the "ark" next to a highlighted area to the upper left.

That highlighted area is the petting zoo. They apparently need this much room for a petting zoo, for a handful of animals, but expect people to believe all those animals, and many, many, many more could fit on that one boat...

[Image: arkmap2_zps55aad2d7.png]
Ha! Hilarious! Big Grin

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 10:44 AM
(04-03-2014 12:08 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  OK, well, I just Googled it and it appears that the boat Ham intends to build will be "full-scale" if it ever is completed.

And so here is MY CHALLENGE TO FUCKING KEN HAM:

If you REALLY want to prove your fairy tale story, then build that fucker in a seaport in Florida, fill it full of lions and tigers and bears and alligators and rattlesnakes and two of every animal, insect, and you and eight of your best friends launch that son of a bitch into the face of the next fucking hurricane that comes up. And IF you survive that -- and I KNOW you won't -- then live adrift on that sumbitch for a year without any outside help, food, propulsion, navigational aid -- live just as your mythical Noah supposedly did -- and let's see if you and your little menagerie survive.
I would love to see that too. Because the lions love ham... Angel

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
04-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Wow, what a load of crap. The funniest phrase, by far, is "our research".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-03-2014, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 01:57 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(04-03-2014 11:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Wow, what a load of crap. The funniest phrase, by far, is "our research".

Yeah! I thought the same thing! What the fuck do they mean by "research"? I would love to see how they do "research".

It's probably just reading the bible...I'm pretty sure....

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
04-03-2014, 01:39 PM
The problem with the number of animals is that it only applies to skeptics. First Ken Ham and other slaves of his kind forget the verse in the bible in which it states,

Genesis 7
New International Version (NIV)
7 The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

They also put pictures of both tigers and lions walking on the ark at the same time[Image: noah.jpg]

As a matter of fact people in the past thought even domesticated animals are on the ark. Don't believe me read up on the turkish van.

They only do this for those like us because they know if the allow to much we will debunk it.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
04-03-2014, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 02:06 PM by sporehux.)
I find it disturbing that, as a < 8 yr old, I took the Noah story as fact, the way it was presented with authority at Sunday school.
My first bible never had a helpfull warning sticker on it. http://www.zazzle.com.au/atheist+bible+stickers
[Image: danger_stickers-ra9a21393b8694081bcd84f1...vr_324.jpg] [Image: bible_content_advisory_sticker-rd96592ce...vr_324.jpg] [Image: bible_warning_label_sticker-r96e5c0c54bf...vr_324.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
You know...I bet a Joe Rogan vs Ken Ham debate would be hilarious... Yes

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

-Bertrand Russell
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
04-03-2014, 07:20 PM
(04-03-2014 07:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  You know...I bet a Joe Rogan vs Ken Ham debate would be hilarious... Yes

Very cool. I never knew that Rogan was actually intelligent.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
04-03-2014, 07:33 PM
(04-03-2014 07:20 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 07:06 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  You know...I bet a Joe Rogan vs Ken Ham debate would be hilarious... Yes

Very cool. I never knew that Rogan was actually intelligent.

I know what you mean. He kind of gives off a "meat head" impression, but he's actually got something going on upstairs.

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

-Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
04-03-2014, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 12:07 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(04-03-2014 07:33 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 07:20 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Very cool. I never knew that Rogan was actually intelligent.

I know what you mean. He kind of gives off a "meat head" impression, but he's actually got something going on upstairs.

He's still kind of a conspiracy nut. He has really bizarre pseudoscientific ideas too.

Here's his podcast with Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Sam Harris.

[Edit: Just to be clear, despite what I said about Rogan's pseudoscience and conspiracy nutty stuff, these podcast are interesting to watch to hear Tyson and Harris.]

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14 Bows and Arrows 95 3,420 23-02-2014 02:10 PM
Last Post: freetoreason
  (Translated) Creationist questions for Bill Nye. Raptor Jesus 13 950 16-02-2014 09:28 PM
Last Post: rampant.a.i.
  Ken Ham on the Debate with Bill Nye Vulpix 25 955 23-01-2014 08:18 PM
Last Post: f stop
  Bill Nye gets owned! grizzlysnake 19 1,386 29-10-2013 10:17 AM
Last Post: DeavonReye
  Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children cufflink 54 4,739 02-10-2013 07:08 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills