Bill O'Reilly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 06:16 AM
RE: Bill O'Rilley
(08-04-2017 03:43 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Fox just renewed O'Liely's contract. He gets paid $20 million a year. They could boot him, but pay him, essentially to go away. Or maybe make him sit out a few weeks and then apologize. Or shift him to a less desirable time slot. Or find a clause in the contract to boot him.

Fox did boot Glen Bunk when he got effectively boycotted for crazy lying.

Link?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 06:54 PM
(06-04-2017 08:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 08:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea exactly, thus my point.
People are numb to this sort of shit, they just don't give a fuck. As you say, they just wanna enjoy their show and be entertained.

But the network cares about money coming in from advertisers. If enough of them pull their ads they’ll cancel the show. You’ll say he’ll go to another network but he’ll be damaged goods if the pressure persists. What network wants to take that chance?

He might survive this but it’ll hurt his pocketbook.

As long as there's views, there will be advertisers and other ways to make money.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-04-2017, 07:13 PM
[Image: asics-gel-saga-ii-kill-bill-3.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
08-04-2017, 10:09 PM
(08-04-2017 06:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 03:43 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Fox just renewed O'Liely's contract. He gets paid $20 million a year. They could boot him, but pay him, essentially to go away. Or maybe make him sit out a few weeks and then apologize. Or shift him to a less desirable time slot. Or find a clause in the contract to boot him.

Fox did boot Glen Bunk when he got effectively boycotted for crazy lying.

Link?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-beck-i...7920090813

NEW YORK (Nielsen Business Media) - Some of the nation's biggest advertisers are distancing themselves from Fox News host Glenn Beck after he called President Obama a racist during a July 28 broadcast.

Geico has pulled its ads from Fox News Channel's "The Glenn Beck Program." Lawyers.com, which is owned by LexisNexis, also has vowed not to advertise during the program, according to Color of Change, an African-American online political organization that has been urging advertisers to stop supporting the show.

Additionally, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and SC Johnson all said their ad placements during the broadcast were made in error and that they would correct the mistake.

------
Fox wanted to get Beck back under control. Beck didn't want to dial back the crazy. Beck got the boot.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
19-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Fox Is Preparing to Cut Ties With Bill O’Reilly

Popular host has been implicated in a sexual-harassment scandal
By Joe Flint
April 18, 2017 9:50 p.m. ET

Fox News is preparing to cut ties with star anchor Bill O’Reilly, according to people close to the situation, after revelations that he and Fox parent 21st Century Fox settled multiple sexual harassment complaints led to an exodus of advertisers from his show and mounting pressure on the network.

Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
19-04-2017, 03:07 PM
Yep, it looks like he's out. Good. He's a piece of shit.

This is from the NY Times.

Quote: "After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel," 21st Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News, said in a statement.

Now, if only Sean Hannity could serve a considerable amount of prison time for deigning to call what he does, journalism. That would be something to celebrate. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
19-04-2017, 03:23 PM
(19-04-2017 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, if only Sean Hannity could serve a considerable amount of prison time for deigning to call what he does, journalism. That would be something to celebrate. Dodgy

Being an asshole isn't a felony. What he did apart from what he calls journalism, might be.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
19-04-2017, 03:27 PM
(19-04-2017 03:23 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, if only Sean Hannity could serve a considerable amount of prison time for deigning to call what he does, journalism. That would be something to celebrate. Dodgy

Being an asshole isn't a felony. What he did apart from what he calls journalism, might be.

Hannity has accomplished something more criminal than his raggity-ass journalism? What?! Tell me so I can hate his guts even more! Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-04-2017, 03:38 PM
(19-04-2017 03:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Hannity has accomplished something more criminal than his raggity-ass journalism? What?! Tell me so I can hate his guts even more! Shy

Sorry, misunderstood. I thought you were still talking about Randy Bill.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
19-04-2017, 03:38 PM
(19-04-2017 03:07 PM)kim Wrote:  Yep, it looks like he's out. Good. He's a piece of shit.

This is from the NY Times.

BWAHAHAHA!!!.

'bye Bill; don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Tongue

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post