Billionaire funds birth control in Colorado. 40% drop in birth rates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Billionaire funds birth control in Colorado. 40% drop in birth rates
A anonymous billionaire has donated funds for free comprehensive birth control in Colorado. The result is a 40% drop in teenage birthrates. You'd think this would be great for everyone but wouldn't you know, the Colorado Right to Life idiots are upset.

I wrote down the statement. Hope it's accurate.

"When you teach children they're animals and that they've evolved from pigs and dogs and apes then they act like animals. You say you use this device and you can have all the sex you want and you're not going to get pregnant. But they're going to get depressed." The guys name is Bob Enya? Not sure of the name. He goes on to say we're all made in gods image and a bunch of rot like that. Unbelievable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p023xflp

It starts at about the 14 minute mark.

Why are there such stupid people in the world.

Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-08-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: Billionaire funds birth control in Colorado. 40% drop in birth rates
"But they're going to get depressed." Consider So... I take it ol' Bob has somewhere in his past, gotten depressed over having had too much sex. ... ?

I think he's been doing it wrong. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 10 users Like kim's post
07-08-2014, 04:26 PM
That's because the right to life crowd doesn't count actual abortions. They count birth-control as abortion as well.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-08-2014, 05:00 PM
When I was a teenager, having all the sex I wanted certainly didn't make me depressed Rolleyes .
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
07-08-2014, 05:02 PM
(07-08-2014 03:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "When you teach children they're animals and that they've evolved from pigs and dogs and apes then they act like animals. You say you use this device and you can have all the sex you want and you're not going to get pregnant. But they're going to get depressed."

And if you teach people they're the child of an oppressive, all powerful psycho they'll act like entitled jerks who think they have the right to interfere in other people's personal lives. Like this asshole.

Peronsally, I'd be much more depressed having a kid I didn't want, subsequently being given the choice of either wrecking my own life and possibly the kid's or just plain old wrecking the kid's.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
07-08-2014, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 06:14 PM by pablo.)
We all would have benefited if his parents had used birth control.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
07-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Here's another article from the Denver Post. I mean a 40% drop in birthrates is huge but the religious right have their heads up their asses as usual.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_261490...nationally

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Quote:Why are there such stupid people in the world.

The answer is "jesus."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
08-08-2014, 05:56 AM
(07-08-2014 03:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A anonymous billionaire has donated funds for free comprehensive birth control in Colorado. The result is a 40% drop in teenage birthrates. You'd think this would be great for everyone but wouldn't you know, the Colorado Right to Life idiots are upset.

Why are there such stupid people in the world:

It's part of their narrative. One of the biggest concerns to them is that people (especially women) might have sex with whomever they want, whenever they want, on whatever terms they want. They hate that.

You can see this when you look at how they rank promiscuity with other problems in the world.
  • Come up with a vaccine to prevent HPV and reduce cervical cancer in woman? Nope! Promotes promiscuity! It's worse for women to have sex on their own terms than it is for them to get fucking cancer.
  • Pro lifers consider abortion murder. Want to use education and/or contraception to reduce unwanted pregnancies (the reason for abortions)? Nope! Leads to promiscuity! It's worse for women to have sex on their own terms than it is for babies to be murdered (at least how they word it).
  • Send condoms to Africa to help slow the spread of HIV? Nope! Promotes promiscuity! It's worse for women to have sex on their own terms than it is to let people get HIV. Also, for good measure, mix in some bullshit that HIV doesn't cause AIDS to help make this one easier to swallow.

Fuck these assholes. Their morality system is completely fucked.
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post
08-08-2014, 09:26 AM
I am fairly pro-life, but man these guys are wacky. Why would they not want to do everything possible to keep people from getting in the situation where an abortion has to be even considered. I am all for contraception up to and including emergency options. Basically anything that would prevent an abortion from even entering the discussion.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post