Billionaire funds birth control in Colorado. 40% drop in birth rates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Billionaire funds birth control in Colorado. 40% drop in birth rates
(08-08-2014 01:29 PM)wazzel Wrote:  We're good. I understand what you are saying. I use "fairly pro-life" as more of a summary of my view on the whole thing since it is not so black and white. I have been told I am actually a pro choice person who choses that not having an abortion if at all possible is the correct choice instead of a pro-lifer since I have no interest in seeing most of the current abortion laws changed. I have some issues with some of the laws concerning minors, but that is minor-parent-healthcare thing.

Thank you, wazzel. I appreciate your honest and quick response.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
08-08-2014, 01:45 PM
I enjoy discussing varied points of view with people as long as it stays civil.
08-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Re: Billionaire funds birth control in Colorado. 40% drop in birth rates
That's the problem with the term prolife/why it was crafted.

Prolife really is the political stance of pro-laws banning abortions. Beyond that it's just misconstruing the position to seem righteous.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-08-2014, 02:31 PM
(07-08-2014 03:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  "When you teach children they're animals and that they've evolved from pigs and dogs and apes then they act like animals. You say you use this device and you can have all the sex you want and you're not going to get pregnant. But they're going to get depressed." The guys name is Bob Enya? Not sure of the name. He goes on to say we're all made in gods image and a bunch of rot like that. Unbelievable.

Sounds like whoever wrote that needs to get laid.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
08-08-2014, 03:14 PM
I posted a thread on Abortion here forever ago (can't remember what I called it or I would go look) where a former Pro-Lifer writes about why she became pro choice. It was basically education and realising the Pro-life movement is anything but. If reducing the number of abortions is your goal Pro-choice arguments and legislations actually do far more to further this end than the draconian and ill thought out Anti Abortion legislation.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-08-2014, 04:16 PM
(08-08-2014 12:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 05:56 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's part of their narrative. One of the biggest concerns to them is that people (especially women) might have sex with whomever they want, whenever they want, on whatever terms they want. They hate that.

You can see this when you look at how they rank promiscuity with other problems in the world.
  • Come up with a vaccine to prevent HPV and reduce cervical cancer in woman? Nope! Promotes promiscuity! It's worse for women to have sex on their own terms than it is for them to get fucking cancer.
  • Pro lifers consider abortion murder. Want to use education and/or contraception to reduce unwanted pregnancies (the reason for abortions)? Nope! Leads to promiscuity! It's worse for women to have sex on their own terms than it is for babies to be murdered (at least how they word it).
  • Send condoms to Africa to help slow the spread of HIV? Nope! Promotes promiscuity! It's worse for women to have sex on their own terms than it is to let people get HIV. Also, for good measure, mix in some bullshit that HIV doesn't cause AIDS to help make this one easier to swallow.

Fuck these assholes. Their morality system is completely fucked.

The whole condoms in Africa thing is awful they actually spread rumors that they (condoms) help spread the disease and there's no proof its transmission is slowed at all....

Intellectually disingenuous doesn't even begin to cover it. Facepalm

Not to mention blaming gays, and pushing for legislation to have them all murdered. Seriously... Facepalm Africa is really getting fucked over by all the evangelists who are unsuccessful here in America. They just go off looking for other targets No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
08-08-2014, 04:19 PM
If the right to life people actually cared about faetuses they would be praising this guy for helping to prevent abortions.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
08-08-2014, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 04:36 PM by Free Thought.)
(08-08-2014 04:19 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  If the right to life people actually cared about faetuses they would be praising this guy for helping to prevent abortions.

Yes, but that would require them to think and it would give then no cause to complain.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-08-2014, 06:13 PM
(08-08-2014 12:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The whole condoms in Africa thing is awful they actually spread rumors that they (condoms) help spread the disease and there's no proof its transmission is slowed at all....

Intellectually disingenuous doesn't even begin to cover it. Facepalm

No, it doesn't.

Lying, evil, misogynistic, warped, twisted, delusional assholes would be a bit closer. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post