Billy Graham Dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2018, 04:57 PM
RE: Billy Graham Dead
Good.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
21-02-2018, 05:14 PM
I just heard that he made a deathbed confession admitting that he never believed in god but was a secret athiest all along.

Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
21-02-2018, 06:52 PM
It bothers me that EVERY "News Cast" has to not just report his death, but make it seem that his evangelizing was a Great thing. They seem to be supporting the idea that it's not enough to follow your own beliefs, it's necessary to get others to believe in the same way. I did take solace in knowing that he wouldn't be meeting his maker just continuing in the cosmos.
21-02-2018, 07:21 PM
A friend on Facebook mourning his passing posted this. I was tempted to create a meme linking Tide Pods to communion in response, but it seemed like the timing would have been inappropriate.

[Image: aO3Vn9K.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
22-02-2018, 08:23 AM
That's one of the dumbest comparisons I've ever seen; but I'm used to christians making idiotic comparisons in trying to justify their beliefs.
22-02-2018, 11:14 AM
So Mike Pence says: "Karen and I were saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Americans of the century".

Can someone please pass me the sick bucket?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-02-2018, 11:53 AM
(22-02-2018 11:14 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Can someone please pass me the sick bucket?

Sorry I would, but I haven't quite finished with it.

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
22-02-2018, 01:17 PM
I was surprised to read this...

"Evangelist Billy Graham will lie in the US Capitol Rotunda from Wednesday, Feb. 28, to Thursday, March 1, according to an announcement from House Speaker Paul D. Ryan ® and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell ®. Members of the public are invited to pay their respects. Ryan and McConnell will take part in a service upon the arrival of Graham’s casket."

What a sad indictment of American society, and evidence of why it's still so disturbingly bound in Christianity and 16th century superstitions. I assumed that this lying in state was reserved for those who'd been people of meritorious service to the nation—rather than glorified snake-oil salesmen.

How is it that someone who denied or rejected homosexuality, same-sex marriage, abortion, global warming, stem-cell research, and even "satanic" Jews deserves this?

Graham also said in part response to an enquirer in 2010: "...because a true atheist has no real reason to believe in right and wrong, or to behave sacrificially toward others."
—What a patronising arsehole. Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
22-02-2018, 01:32 PM
(22-02-2018 11:14 AM)SYZ Wrote:  So Mike Pence says: "Karen and I were saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Americans of the century".

Bob Dylan is DEAD?! Shocking

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 3 users Like Dr H's post
22-02-2018, 03:43 PM
(22-02-2018 01:32 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(22-02-2018 11:14 AM)SYZ Wrote:  So Mike Pence says: "Karen and I were saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Americans of the century".

Bob Dylan is DEAD?! Shocking

Well that would certainly put a crimp in plans to play "All Along the Watchtower" at full blast when Jehovah's Witnesses come by to give out their Watchtower publications.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user