Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near
(21-05-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought these jokers were specifically told they'd have fuck-all clue when judgement day was gonna arrive and they'd have to sit tight and be good servants waiting for the master because he'd come "like a thief in the night"...

They were *also* told there'd be false prophets chucking lies around about when judgement day was gonna arrive. So seriously, as a sincere Christian, shouldn't you be not paying any attention to these people?

Christees are weird.

I had this exact conversation last week. Like, no no, let the atheist tell you what your holy book says.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Colourcraze's post
21-05-2015, 01:52 AM
(20-05-2015 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, believes the rapture is coming and "the day of the Lord is near." Graham-Lotz cites the Book of Joel, Matthew 24 (gospel being preached to entire world) and Romans 1 (God's salvation/punishment for idolaters) as well as 1948 (rebirth of Israel) and increased frequency in both terrorism and natural disasters as reasons for her beliefs. She suggests we pray to ward off God's judgment between May 15-23 (dates between Ascension and Pentecost). So better get your prayer groups ready Thumbsup

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapma...generation

The scary thing about all of this is that *some* Christians actually buy into all of this and listen to what she is saying and use all of these aforementioned things as *proof* that what the Bible says is true. People like Graham-Lotz make it even harder to have reasonable conversations with some of my christian friends.

Wait.....MAY........????......aaannnddd.... its 15-23......?????.....21 is within that time slot.....?????.......

[Image: judgment-day-may-21.jpg]

OMFG SHE'S RELATED TO HAROLD CAMPING!!!!!! GaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGasp

It's Judgement day today and I got a headache growing in the back of my head. MUST BE A SIGN!!!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
21-05-2015, 02:04 AM
(20-05-2015 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She suggests we pray to ward off God's judgment

At least she's not one of those that both believe we're in the end times and celebrate it. In my own life, I've heard end times sermons talking about how wonderful it will be when all of the unbelievers and sinners are thrown into the lake of fire and the society falls apart. They actually pray for this to happen faster and seem overjoyed by the thought of death and destruction. Sadcryface

It's nice that she realizes that the end of the world shouldn't be celebrated and possesses some empathy Smile

[Image: z555d8ccd8ce21.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Helen_Damnation's post
21-05-2015, 02:31 AM
(21-05-2015 02:04 AM)Helen_Damnation Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  She suggests we pray to ward off God's judgment

At least she's not one of those that both believe we're in the end times and celebrate it. In my own life, I've heard end times sermons talking about how wonderful it will be when all of the unbelievers and sinners are thrown into the lake of fire and the society falls apart. They actually pray for this to happen faster and seem overjoyed by the thought of death and destruction. Sadcryface

It's nice that she realizes that the end of the world shouldn't be celebrated and possesses some empathy Smile

Yeah, there's a specific type of Christian - and they sometimes become pastors or pastorettes - who *cannot handle* that there are good people in the world who think their woo is a big pile of stinking horseshit, and actually do look forward to they day those kind of people "get their come-uppance"...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-05-2015, 05:23 AM
"The end is near"

The rally cry of scaremongers since the beginning of time.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-05-2015, 05:39 AM
she's selling books, right? poor trees.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
21-05-2015, 06:51 AM
thanks for the warning, I live near Billy Graham ground zero. Facepalm

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
21-05-2015, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2015 10:44 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(20-05-2015 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, believes the rapture is coming and "the day of the Lord is near." Graham-Lotz cites the Book of Joel, Matthew 24 (gospel being preached to entire world) and Romans 1 (God's salvation/punishment for idolaters) as well as 1948 (rebirth of Israel) and increased frequency in both terrorism and natural disasters as reasons for her beliefs. She suggests we pray to ward off God's judgment between May 15-23 (dates between Ascension and Pentecost). So better get your prayer groups ready Thumbsup

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapma...generation

The scary thing about all of this is that *some* Christians actually buy into all of this and listen to what she is saying and use all of these aforementioned things as *proof* that what the Bible says is true. People like Graham-Lotz make it even harder to have reasonable conversations with some of my christian friends.

Praise jesus! 2,000 years late, as per the failed prophesy from his very lips, but praise jesus!

Quick, all of you ignorant ass believers who think this will happen give me you5r money, and items of value, you wont need them in paradise...quick, what is your PIN number?"?????? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
21-05-2015, 07:02 AM
She must have done some wicked shit in her life.
Most christians crave the judgement.

"Ok folks, I'm prepared to hire millions of people in other countries to help us pray and ward off the judgement day, but it's going to cost a lot of money. Send your donations in now before it's too late."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
21-05-2015, 07:14 AM
We should have a special spot on the forum for threads about end of days predictions just to catalog them. Then when a theist comes on the forum, we can just point them to it. I can just hear it "but this time is for real..."
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post