Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 07:35 AM
RE: Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near
As a Christian... I'm continually baffled by Arminian-y theology.

If God wants it to happen, it's going to happen. Your prayer should be geared around seeking understanding and peace... not trying to change God.

I know that means zip here. Just sayin'.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
21-05-2015, 07:49 AM
(21-05-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought these jokers were specifically told they'd have fuck-all clue when judgement day was gonna arrive and they'd have to sit tight and be good servants waiting for the master because he'd come "like a thief in the night"...

They were *also* told there'd be false prophets chucking lies around about when judgement day was gonna arrive. So seriously, as a sincere Christian, shouldn't you be not paying any attention to these people?

Christees are weird.

You would think they would also read that part of the passage. Instead they focus on the fig tree passages which somehow means Israel's rebirth in 1948. The whole 1948 thing is like crack for some of them.

I have one christian friend who is in to all of that "hidden" secrets in the bible stuff. For instance--1948 (BCE)--year Abraham was born. It is the "mirror" date of 1948 Israel rebirth. Why is that important to the hidden bible secret people?---because of Gen 12:1-3:

"The Lord said to Abram: Go forth from your land, your relatives, and from your father’s house to a land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the families of the earth will find blessing in you."

Abraham-- or Abram, at this point in the story, was the founding father of Israel, which is why they deem his birth year of 1948 as significant.

Surprisingly, my friend's biggest go-to "argument" is Matthew 24 about the Bible being preached to the whole world because how would Jesus know that unless he was who he said he was?! Of course, the Gospel of Matthew is also the same gospel that talks about the dead saints rising from their graves and walking around the city.Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-05-2015, 07:59 AM
"Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near"

..... well there's a new one. Does she want a 30 million dollar plane too ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2015, 08:03 AM
(21-05-2015 07:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought these jokers were specifically told they'd have fuck-all clue when judgement day was gonna arrive and they'd have to sit tight and be good servants waiting for the master because he'd come "like a thief in the night"...

They were *also* told there'd be false prophets chucking lies around about when judgement day was gonna arrive. So seriously, as a sincere Christian, shouldn't you be not paying any attention to these people?

Christees are weird.

You would think they would also read that part of the passage. Instead they focus on the fig tree passages which somehow means Israel's rebirth in 1948. The whole 1948 thing is like crack for some of them.

I have one christian friend who is in to all of that "hidden" secrets in the bible stuff. For instance--1948 (BCE)--year Abraham was born. It is the "mirror" date of 1948 Israel rebirth. Why is that important to the hidden bible secret people?---because of Gen 12:1-3:

"The Lord said to Abram: Go forth from your land, your relatives, and from your father’s house to a land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you. All the families of the earth will find blessing in you."

Abraham-- or Abram, at this point in the story, was the founding father of Israel, which is why they deem his birth year of 1948 as significant.

Surprisingly, my friend's biggest go-to "argument" is Matthew 24 about the Bible being preached to the whole world because how would Jesus know that unless he was who he said he was?! Of course, the Gospel of Matthew is also the same gospel that talks about the dead saints rising from their graves and walking around the city.Facepalm

The verse is Matthew 24:36:

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. (NASB)

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, but [my] Father alone. (Darby)

So yeah... pretty clear what JC was saying.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
21-05-2015, 08:04 AM
(21-05-2015 08:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 07:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You would think they would also read that part of the passage. Instead they focus on the fig tree passages which somehow means Israel's rebirth in 1948. The whole 1948 thing is like crack for some of them.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. (NASB)

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, but [my] Father alone. (Darby)

What ? That he's not divine after all ? Consider

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2015, 08:08 AM
(21-05-2015 06:53 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, believes the rapture is coming and "the day of the Lord is near." Graham-Lotz cites the Book of Joel, Matthew 24 (gospel being preached to entire world) and Romans 1 (God's salvation/punishment for idolaters) as well as 1948 (rebirth of Israel) and increased frequency in both terrorism and natural disasters as reasons for her beliefs. She suggests we pray to ward off God's judgment between May 15-23 (dates between Ascension and Pentecost). So better get your prayer groups ready Thumbsup

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapma...generation

The scary thing about all of this is that *some* Christians actually buy into all of this and listen to what she is saying and use all of these aforementioned things as *proof* that what the Bible says is true. People like Graham-Lotz make it even harder to have reasonable conversations with some of my christian friends.

Praise jesus! 2,000 years late, as per the failed prophesy from his very lips, but praise jesus!

Quick, all of you ignorant ass believers who think this will happen give me you money, and items of value, you wont need them in paradise...quick, what is your PIN number?"?????? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Drooling

[Image: 6693037.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
21-05-2015, 08:08 AM
(21-05-2015 07:14 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  We should have a special spot on the forum for threads about end of days predictions just to catalog them. Then when a theist comes on the forum, we can just point them to it. I can just hear it "but this time is for real..."

We have a end time prophecy debunking thread.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ing-thread

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-05-2015, 08:14 AM
(21-05-2015 08:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 07:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You would think they would also read that part of the passage. Instead they focus on the fig tree passages which somehow means Israel's rebirth in 1948. The whole 1948 thing is like crack for some of them.

I would agree--but this is the passage my christian friend likes to throw at me from Matt. 24: 3-14.

"As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately and said, “Tell us, when will this happen, and what sign will there be of your coming, and of the end of the age?” Jesus said to them in reply, “See that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many. You will hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be famines and earthquakes from place to place. All these are the beginning of the labor pains. Then they will hand you over to persecution, and they will kill you. You will be hated by all nations because of my name. And then many will be led into sin; they will betray and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and deceive many; and because of the increase of evildoing, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.
21-05-2015, 08:18 AM
These assholes rightfully condemn the threats of Islam and their claims of world domination and judgment of the infidel and defeat of the infidel, yet somehow when they make claims that are no different, they got the right God.

Do either of these gangs even care about the non religios, the other billions of humans that don't belong to their doomsday cults? And what kind of asshole of a god do you worship as to value the concept of giving humans weapons and say "kill each other, and the last one standing is the one I will consider loves me the best".

FUCK YOU STUPID BITCH, I'd like my species ride to extend as long as possible, you want to shorten the ride, and not just for your own, but even those who don't share your label. FUCK YOU BITCH.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2015, 08:21 AM
(21-05-2015 08:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 08:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The verse is Matthew 24:36:

I would agree--but this is the passage my christian friend likes to throw at me from Matt. 24: 3-14.

"As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately and said, “Tell us, when will this happen, and what sign will there be of your coming, and of the end of the age?” Jesus said to them in reply, “See that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many. You will hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be famines and earthquakes from place to place. All these are the beginning of the labor pains. Then they will hand you over to persecution, and they will kill you. You will be hated by all nations because of my name. And then many will be led into sin; they will betray and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and deceive many; and because of the increase of evildoing, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.

Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Matthew 24:34

They are late.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post