Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near
(21-05-2015 09:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 08:14 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would agree--but this is the passage my christian friend likes to throw at me from Matt. 24: 3-14.

"As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately and said, “Tell us, when will this happen, and what sign will there be of your coming, and of the end of the age?” Jesus said to them in reply, “See that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many. You will hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be famines and earthquakes from place to place. All these are the beginning of the labor pains. Then they will hand you over to persecution, and they will kill you. You will be hated by all nations because of my name. And then many will be led into sin; they will betray and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and deceive many; and because of the increase of evildoing, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.

Yabut, these descriptors have been happening throughout history after this revelation... to a much harsher extent even. Wonder why he thinks it's specifically now that the return is imminent?

Relatively speaking, things are much milder compared to our past.

Because of people like Graham-Lotz Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2015, 09:12 AM
(21-05-2015 09:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yabut, these descriptors have been happening throughout history after this revelation... to a much harsher extent even. Wonder why he thinks it's specifically now that the return is imminent?

Relatively speaking, things are much milder compared to our past.

Because of people like Graham-Lotz Facepalm

And again I ask why Christians like Collins and Bakker can't be in the forefront of mainstream Christianity. We would be a lot better off.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
21-05-2015, 09:32 AM
(21-05-2015 06:53 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 10:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Billy Graham's daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, believes the rapture is coming and "the day of the Lord is near." Graham-Lotz cites the Book of Joel, Matthew 24 (gospel being preached to entire world) and Romans 1 (God's salvation/punishment for idolaters) as well as 1948 (rebirth of Israel) and increased frequency in both terrorism and natural disasters as reasons for her beliefs. She suggests we pray to ward off God's judgment between May 15-23 (dates between Ascension and Pentecost). So better get your prayer groups ready Thumbsup

http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapma...generation

The scary thing about all of this is that *some* Christians actually buy into all of this and listen to what she is saying and use all of these aforementioned things as *proof* that what the Bible says is true. People like Graham-Lotz make it even harder to have reasonable conversations with some of my christian friends.

Praise jesus! 2,000 years late, as per the failed prophesy from his very lips, but praise jesus!

Quick, all of you ignorant ass believers who think this will happen give me you money, and items of value, you wont need them in paradise...quick, what is your PIN number?"?????? Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Drooling

Yes! I'm sooooooo glad to hear about this. I'm looking for a decent car for my two kids who are going to college. A Prius would be good, low gas and all. So, lets see......two Prius', one in a blue color, my other daughter likes bronze colors.

I'd like to thank in advance all the crazy fucked up religious nuts. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-05-2015, 09:46 AM
They all think he'll return on their lifetime.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
21-05-2015, 09:58 AM
(21-05-2015 09:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Because of people like Graham-Lotz Facepalm

And again I ask why Christians like Collins and Bakker can't be in the forefront of mainstream Christianity. We would be a lot better off.

Can't stop looking at your signature... It's hypnotic...
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
21-05-2015, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2015 11:08 AM by Tonechaser77.)
Oh yay, I love when these apocalyptic teachers and preachers start crawling out of the woodwork. Is it not enough to say that they are currently batting 0%. Umm, yes 0%. It's so incredible I had to write it twice.

What is even more astonishing is that Jesus Christ, their personal savior, God's only son, couldn't even correctly ballpark the coming of the "kingdom of god".

Mark 13:26-30
Quote:At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens....Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Let's call this an epic fail Jesus.

Mark 9:1
Quote:And he said to them, “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Oh god, how embarrassing...another miss but this time it's the author of Mark's version who doesn't want to sound so sure....hmmmm some of the people here are old and may die because well...(start the song "It's been Awhile" by Staind) ...and we aren't quite so sure how quickly he is coming now. Let's move our goal posts a little.

It all goes back to the beginning. The fail was with Jesus' claim, if he even existed. They should have shut 'er down right there...but no, we'll just harmonize the hell outta stuff and assign new meaning. Ummm, generation now means "the entire generation of christians" not the generation of of people living with him there. Ya, that outta do it.

I should sick Marduk on their ignorant asses Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
21-05-2015, 11:07 AM
I do think that The Hobbitt will have to decide if Near is god's judgement. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Sooooo ...
God comes around all wrath like 'cause, "Vengence is mine."
Humans pray, "We so love you god, please don't murder us 'cause you are so loving."

Ok.
So, who's up for co-dependency? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
21-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:Billy Graham's daughter,

How come she doesn't take "Paul's" advice to STFU.

Quote:34 Women[f] should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says.

1 Cor. 14

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
21-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Billy Graham's Daughter Says God's Judgment is Near
Yeah, I can imagine Yahweh up there on his La-Z-Cloud looking down upon the Earth.

People killing in my name when I ain't said shit. Hm. Silly dirt people.

Romans be letting babies suck their dicks. Throwing my peeps into lion fights. Eh, I'll wait.

Popes having wars in my name. I just like their hats.

Hm... They had two worldwide wars. Nah, I'll let them slide.

Hm, hanging people, claiming they're witches. Oh, man... Nah, I'm busy.

Letting children starve to death. Psshh.

Oh, shit, homos getting married in the USA?

THAT'S IT, LAST STRAW. CALL ABBADON! WE BREAKIN' SHIT DOWN!
[+] 8 users Like Clockwork's post