Billy Graham's web site removed "cult" label from Mormonism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 02:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
The Billy Graham web site took "cult" off referring to Mormonism. Consider
I assume Billy is senile, and his son is responsible ...

A 33 year old score has been settled. Jerry Falwell has his revenge from beyond the grave.

Let’s look at a time line:

Jerry Falwell founds Moral Majority:
Billy Graham refused to join Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority, saying: "I'm for morality, but morality goes beyond sex to human freedom and social justice. We as clergy know so very little to speak with authority on the Panama Canal or superiority of armaments. Evangelists cannot be closely identified with any particular party or person. We have to stand in the middle in order to preach to all people, right and left. I haven't been faithful to my own advice in the past. I will be in the future."

Mark DeMoss enrolled at Liberty University, Falwell’s school, in 1980, the year after his father died of a heart attack. Falwell, a fundamentalist preacher, would become like a second father.

DeMoss’s dad had been friends with Falwell – DeMoss says it’s unclear if the insurance marketing company his father founded, National Liberty Corp., helped give Liberty University its name – and Mark found work in Falwell’s office after graduation.

..................1980s
By the time he was 23, DeMoss was serving as Falwell’s chief of staff and spokesman, helping his boss run a growing evangelical empire that included the Lynchburg, Virginia, university and a new organization Falwell had helped found: the Moral Majority.

The organization aimed to bring evangelicals back into the political fold, after millions of them had spent decades sitting out elections, convinced that politics were a dirty, ungodly business.

Falwell taught him how political organizing works, from the grassroots to the very top. He took him to meetings with President Ronald Reagan, whom the Moral Majority had helped elect, and President George H.W. Bush.

DeMoss founds the DeMoss Group, a Christian PR firm in Atlanta.

The firm, took Falwell as its first client and quickly added business from big Christian groups like Chuck Colson’s Prison Ministries, Franklin Graham’s Samaritan’s Purse and Christian Crusade for Christ.

More than 20 years later, those groups are still with DeMoss.

Mark DeMoss approaches Mitt Romney about running for President.

Jerry Falwell dies.

Mitt Romney runs in the Republican Primaries, losing to John McCain

DeMoss is a Senior Advisor to the Romney Campaign (and his evangelical ambassador)

May, 2012 – Romney delivers the commencement speech to graduates at Liberty U.

September, 2012 – Romney delivers “I will not take God out of my heart, I will not take God out of the public square, and I will not take it out of the platform of my party,” stump speech at Liberty U.

October, 2012 – Billy and Franklin Graham meet with Mitt Romney and erase references to cults (like Mormonism) on Billy Graham’s website.

Jerry Falwell (Moral Majority / Liberty U.) – connects to – Mark DeMoss – connects to – Franklin Graham (Samaritan's Purse) – connects to – Billy Graham and Mark DeMoss – connects to – Mitt Romney

Following the connections, Falwell gets his revenge and Dr. Graham backs a Mormon and probably doesn't even know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Thank you, Mr. Spock. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-10-2012, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2012 09:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Billy Graham's web site removed "cult" label from Mormonism.
(16-10-2012 08:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thank you, Mr. Spock. Tongue

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Bucky I love your posts! You should be a detective specializing in this shit. Make some documentaries, write some books and have a special TV series, please!
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
16-10-2012, 09:13 PM
(16-10-2012 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-10-2012 08:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thank you, Mr. Spock. Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1qa8N2ID0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=end...WgksQ&NR=1

I was actually thinking Data first when I was watching you rattle off all those factoids. But Spock is way cooler so I just imagined you saying it all with a Vulcan intonation. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
17-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Hey Bucky, thanks for posting this. You got me wondering about BG. I went to his website, and lifted the following unbelievably pathetic drivel from it. These are allegedly Billy's answers to questions...

"October 17: What good is God to me, if He won't relieve my pain?
Seek God's strength and comfort to sustain you in the face of chronic pain.

October 16: I'm sure people like you are sincere when you quote the Bible to support your views, but I think you can prove anything from the Bible if you try hard enough.
The Bible is God's word, which can be trusted.

October 15: When something bad happens to us, is it because we've done something wrong and God is punishing us for it?
God is compassionate, not a harsh policeman.

October 13: I know we're supposed to trust God when hard times come, but how can we keep trusting God when nothing seems to change?
Don't let your faith be overcome by your circumstances.

October 12: I don't think God created us; I think that we created God.
Science doesn't answer all of our questions.

October 11: Does life have any purpose?
Living only for ourselves is a dead-end road.

October 10: I don't know anything about God, but I'd like to learn if I can. Or is it too late (I'm in my 50s)?
It's never too late to learn about God.

October 9: Two doctors in our church are going to work for a month at a mission hospital in Africa, but I can't help but wonder if it's really worthwhile.
We are called by God to bring hope and healing wherever we can.

October 8: How much faith do I have to have before God will accept me?
God accepts us even if our faith is weak.

October 6: Recently, I read an interesting magazine article about the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls over half a century ago.
The Dead Sea Scrolls do not contradict the Bible.

October 5: How can I get my husband to believe in Jesus?
Pray that Christ will draw your husband to faith

October 4: Is it wrong to have doubts from time to time?
Face your doubts before they erode your faith.

October 3: Why should someone who lived 2,000 years ago make any difference to us today?
Our greatest need is to know God and do His will.

October 2: I don't believe that once I die there's going to be anything more.
Don't turn your back on God's promise of heaven.

October 1: Does God ever speak to people today in a voice they can hear, like He did in Bible times?
God speaks to us through the Bible.

September 29: How often should I pray?
Look on prayer as a privilege, not a burden.

September 28: I know you keep telling people to read their Bibles, and I've tried, but I don't get anything out of it.
Read small portions of the Bible each day.

September 27: My neighbor says that if I just have enough faith, then God will make me rich. Is she right?
God offers us many riches.

September 26: I suppose the Ten Commandments seemed like a good idea several thousand years ago, but time moves on, and we live in a different world.
The Ten Commandments are very up to date.

September 25: My parents always said there were two things you shouldn't talk about -- politics and religion.
Look to Jesus to learn what God is like."

What struck me is that this is the official website of probably the most prominent presbyterian in the world. Judging by the books, videos and lectures being promoted, it is a multi million dollar business. These "answers" wouldn't satisfy an eight year old! Their market is obviously unsophisticated, and of low IQ, and the people who run the business are catering to them. A lot like world championship wrestling.

And the possible future president of the USA is holding an audience with these clowns! (Billy and son).

Billy Graham has had the president's ear ever since the 1950's. He was in the White House on the night Bush senior cleaned up Kuwait. Is it safe to let him and Mitt mingle?

Mitt must be a bit mad if he's a Mormon. Billy is no doubt dreaming about the rapture. Call me Mr paranoid, but...these two mates make me nervous. Is Mitt another Bush junior? Or is he just wooing the hoi polloi?

Please tell me he's not going to get elected! Surely there aren't that many stupid people in the USA?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2012, 07:03 AM
(17-10-2012 05:17 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Bucky, thanks for posting this. You got me wondering about BG. I went to his website, and lifted the following unbelievably pathetic drivel from it. These are allegedly Billy's answers to questions...

October 16: I'm sure people like you are sincere when you quote the Bible to support your views, but I think you can prove anything from the Bible if you try hard enough.

October 15: When something bad happens to us, is it because we've done something wrong and God is punishing us for it?

October 13: I know we're supposed to trust God when hard times come, but how can we keep trusting God when nothing seems to change?

October 10: I don't know anything about God, but I'd like to learn if I can. Or is it too late (I'm in my 50s)?

October 9: Two doctors in our church are going to work for a month at a mission hospital in Africa, but I can't help but wonder if it's really worthwhile.

October 6: Recently, I read an interesting magazine article about the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls over half a century ago.

October 3: Why should someone who lived 2,000 years ago make any difference to us today?

October 1: Does God ever speak to people today in a voice they can hear, like He did in Bible times?

September 28: I know you keep telling people to read their Bibles, and I've tried, but I don't get anything out of it.

September 27: My neighbor says that if I just have enough faith, then God will make me rich. Is she right?

September 26: I suppose the Ten Commandments seemed like a good idea several thousand years ago, but time moves on, and we live in a different world.

September 25: My parents always said there were two things you shouldn't talk about -- politics and religion.

What struck me is that this is the official website of probably the most prominent presbyterian in the world. Judging by the books, videos and lectures being promoted, it is a multi million dollar business. These "answers" wouldn't satisfy an eight year old! Their market is obviously unsophisticated, and of low IQ, and the people who run the business are catering to them. A lot like world championship wrestling.

And the possible future president of the USA is holding an audience with these clowns! (Billy and son).

Billy Graham has had the president's ear ever since the 1950's. He was in the White House on the night Bush senior cleaned up Kuwait. Is it safe to let him and Mitt mingle?

Mitt must be a bit mad if he's a Mormon. Billy is no doubt dreaming about the rapture. Call me Mr paranoid, but...these two mates make me nervous. Is Mitt another Bush junior? Or is he just wooing the hoi polloi?

Please tell me he's not going to get elected! Surely there aren't that many stupid people in the USA?

Perhaps you have missed all the "Hi. I'm Bob. I like to surf and eat hot dogs and I'm just a really regular guy. And I'm a Mormon." commercials that have been airing for the past four years. Coincidence? I don't think so. This has been the result of 4 years of subliminally brainwashing the people of America so they no longer think that Mormonism is strange. Which equals Romney for Pres. Preordained by the greatest ad campaign they could muster.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
17-10-2012, 07:46 AM
(17-10-2012 07:03 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 05:17 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Bucky, thanks for posting this. You got me wondering about BG. I went to his website, and lifted the following unbelievably pathetic drivel from it. These are allegedly Billy's answers to questions...

Perhaps you have missed all the "Hi. I'm Bob. I like to surf and eat hot dogs and I'm just a really regular guy. And I'm a Mormon." commercials that have been airing for the past four years. Coincidence? I don't think so. This has been the result of 4 years of subliminally brainwashing the people of America so they no longer think that Mormonism is strange. Which equals Romney for Pres. Preordained by the greatest ad campaign they could muster.

Yeah I missed it because i rarely watch TV and I live in Australia. That's interesting! Is the Mormon church funding this advertising? Is Bob actually Mitt....or some anonymous nice guy Mormon?

Why would the Republican machine have a Mormon as their main man? Isn't that going to piss off Protestants and Catholics? And atheists LOL

I have read that big corporations tend to support the Republican party. Are they buying the little man's vote by appealing to his religious prejudices?

Please make an allowance for us non Americans because most of us are interested. Thanks. ps I hope I haven't derailed Bucky's topic too much.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2012, 08:01 AM

Obviously some high school student is doing the web site . Tongue
No seriously, Graham is senile. Whatever is being done, it's now the son, and co.
I was sure about 3 weeks ago he would not get elected.
Then the disastrous debate happened. Obama is not very able to promote himself. Clinton does a better job. The debate last night may have helped him a little. We'll see. The thing is, Romney just keeps doing assertions, with no substance, "I'll do this" and "I'll do that", (create jobs, when all he knows is how to destroy jobs, as he did at Bain Capital),no specifics. If you look carefully at his budget numbers, they don't work. also he keeps saying, stuff about declaring China a "currency manipulator". That is not possible. It's not an option. China buys a large portion of our debt obligations, (Treasury bonds). If Romney antagonizes them , they would boycott the bond auctions, and interest rates would soar, as demand would drop. So a.) why does Obama not throw that in his face ?? b.) How can a finance guy not know that ? Romney has changed his mind on so many things, so many times, who knows what he stands for ? Ryan, is in the pockets of the military complex, and is a fundie Catholic. I think a moderator at a debate needs to ask them all : "so as the person who wishes to have the power to launch nuclear weapons, can you categorically tell us, here and now, that you do NOT believe that here, in this room, tonight, with us, there are NOT devils, angels, and invisible magic beings". If they did that, the world would implode. Weeping

17-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Billy Graham also said that Jesus wasn't a requirement for heaven. He said this several years ago... so, can't blame being senile.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]