Biological baby clock,fact or fiction?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 12:33 AM
Biological baby clock,fact or fiction?
I'm a 21 year old male who has no desire to procreate or marry for that matter(a topic for another discussion) but i always here people say things like "you'll change your mind when you get older" and here something about the "biological baby clock".So I just wanna know is it a myth or a reality?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes 1994californication's post
19-06-2016, 02:01 AM
RE: Biological baby clock,fact or fiction?
(19-06-2016 12:33 AM)1994californication Wrote:  I'm a 21 year old male who has no desire to procreate or marry for that matter(a topic for another discussion) but i always here people say things like "you'll change your mind when you get older" and here something about the "biological baby clock".So I just wanna know is it a myth or a reality?

I think the biological clock is referring to women more than it is to men. Women actually do reach a point where their pregnancies becomes high risk or their possibility to produce a baby with a genetic problem increases. I think men stay fertile for as long as they're able to have intercourse, but women can obviously not reproduce after menopause.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-06-2016, 02:25 AM
(19-06-2016 12:33 AM)1994californication Wrote:  I'm a 21 year old male who has no desire to procreate or marry.

Good for you. 52 year old bachelor here. No regrets.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-06-2016, 04:28 AM
It's a myth that you will necessarily change your mind about marriage or parenthood as you get older. I think it's horribly condescending of people to tell you that someday you'll change your mind and think the way they do. It's true that you may eventually change your stance, but hardly inevitable.

Biological clock is commonly used to apply to women, who of course do have a more limited time to reproduce than men do.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
19-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Baby clock is more about women I think.

As for wanting children I supose it is a myth or just ignorant statement.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-06-2016, 05:37 AM
i was 30 until i had my daughter. it wasnt planned though. i was perfectly content living out my days without having a child, but this works too.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post