Bioshock: Infinite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Bioshock: Infinite
Anyone else go to the midnight release? I've played about an hour (game time) so far, and it's intense....I won't spoil anything, but as an atheist, first I was sickened how it started, but then giggled more and more and more as teh game progressed. 10/10

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Bioshock: Infinite
Oh you dick. I was literally just writing a thread for this game.

I wanted to point out that Yahoo news called it "the greatest game ever" and give Gamespot's review of it.

http://www.gamespot.com/bioshock-infinit...e-6405833/

I was surprised that I had never heard of it, because I'm usually aware of all big games. Haven't played it yet but I plan to get it in a few days.

Supposedly some of the technology that went into the game like your lady friend's AI is "revolutionary."

The game is fitting for this forum because the city depicts the values of America taken to extremes. Extreme patriotism and extreme religion causing extreme racism.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
27-03-2013, 02:42 AM
I love it so far, epic game is epic.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
27-03-2013, 03:04 AM
I loved Bioshock... one of the best leaps of style and story in gaming I had seen in awhile.

I watched a little bit of some guy streaming him starting B:Infinite, it looked fantastic. Yeah, the stories are build with as a philosophical/religious caricature in interesting ways.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-03-2013, 04:55 AM
I loved the other ones... but I won't get this for a while. I don't really buy new games.

It is good to see it getting positive feedback though.

[Image: opforum1.png]
27-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I am only an hour or more into it, and I already love it. It definitely plays like Bioshock, although the environment is completely different. I have found myself simply stopping to admire the beauty of the city– truly fantastic. Frankiej, I wouldn't wait too long to play this; it would be unfortunate to have the experience tainted by spoilers before you get it.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
28-03-2013, 06:06 PM
(26-03-2013 09:48 PM)Likos02 Wrote:  Anyone else go to the midnight release? I've played about an hour (game time) so far, and it's intense....I won't spoil anything, but as an atheist, first I was sickened how it started, but then giggled more and more and more as teh game progressed. 10/10

As an atheist, I too was sickened by the whole premise. There were (and are) times when I actually got uncomfortable.

But I think that's part of what makes Bioshock such a great series. It's disturbing, and it immerses you in the world to such an extent that we can actually be made to feel unfomfortable with what's going on.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2013, 12:28 AM
some of the stuff makes me giggle hardcore....but yeah there are times where I want to vomit.

01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
I started playing it today and so far it's awesome.

What's interesting is that at the very beginning of the game, when you enter the giant lighthouse, there is a music player which plays a song that was used in the 1960 movie "Inherit the Wind" (a movie about a creationism vs. evolution trial in the early 1920s) called "Give me that old time religion".

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
03-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Holy crap the ending of this game is so bullshit. Lol it was a mindblower.