Bioshock: Infinite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 08:31 AM
RE: Bioshock: Infinite
bullshit? the ending was very well put together. i did not expect that at all and i loved it....it is becoming harder and harder to creating a good lasting ending to games these days but that one was beautiful.

it think, the most interesting was the the concept of the baptism. in one universe a booker realised that simply dunking ones head in the water was not going to make all the wrongs right, he lived with emotional pain from then but i realised the truth however those that did perform the dunk removed their psychological anguish (even though the evil things that were done had not gone away) but then placed of the world blinders.

as far as i can see the whole concept of the way the game ended creates a infinite probability loop in the coarse of this story but this telling on a multiverse story was very well put together.
I found that when i hit the end i thought back through the game i got that "Ah Ha!" moment.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2013, 10:42 PM
The faces behind Booker and Elizabeth:

[Image: VoiceActors_Troy_581-581x289.jpg]

Sorry. Big Grin The filmmaker in me is interested in the actors behind the story.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Later on in the game (I won't spoiler it for you by telling you where) you can hear Mozart's "Requiem" being played in the background. Heart

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I enjoyed this game/still am enjoying it. 1999 mode is pretty difficult, though, especially with boss battles. Hats off to Ken Levine and team on making such a stellar game Big Grin

I harbor a very very small hope that perhaps the story and the presentation of religion within the game might cause a religious person playing it to give a moment's pause to reflect on their own belief system.
09-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Infinite, Infinite, Infinite... What did you do to Bioshock?

I own a copy of Bioshock: Infinite, but I don't usually play it.
I know the developers were aiming for a change in direction, and the game looks awesome, but when I played it, it just didn't feel like a Bioshock game. I would probably have been absolutely and wonderfully content with the title, if it did not bear the title of Bioshock.

I admit, I didn't play it for every long, at most, maybe three hours, as a direct consequence of it just not seeming like Bioshock. The game, for what little I played, felt much more restricted, most certainly because of the weapons, two at a time; Y U DO DIS game devs? The melee weapon was cool, but, it just could not be the wrench from the first game.

Today, I'm going to continue playing and finish Infinite today. If I change my mind, I'll certainly make a note of it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
09-07-2013, 04:49 PM
I just picked up the first 2 (in a pack) and I'm maybe 1/4 of the way through the original. I totally missed this franchise. I had no idea it ripped so hard on Ayn Rand, brilliant!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2013, 05:45 PM
(09-07-2013 04:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Infinite, Infinite, Infinite... What did you do to Bioshock?

I own a copy of Bioshock: Infinite, but I don't usually play it.
I know the developers were aiming for a change in direction, and the game looks awesome, but when I played it, it just didn't feel like a Bioshock game.

I agree. It's completely different and doesn't feel like a Bioshock game at all-- but that's exactly what they were aiming to achieve. Get into it and you'll love it. It'll start to remind you of the other two Bioshock games, and as soon as you finish Infinite, you'll want to re-play the first two and give Infinite a second swing.

The plot is wonderful. Ending completely shot me in the face; shocker, but it was a good shot to the face. I'll be completely honest and say that I couldn't get into Bioshock 1 or 2 until after I had already played Infinite- which wasn't much of a spoiler, considering Infinite has nothing to do with the first two. Before Infinite, I didn't have the attention span to bite into the plot. But after Infinite, which completely took the cake, I gave the other two another try, and really enjoyed them both (more with B1.)

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
23-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow. This game wasn't even close to being as good as the orginals. I can understand that they were going a different path, but this path just ain't Bioshock. I guess you can call it a Bioshock game because you alter your body to do wierd shit, but that's about it. Two key elements are missing. One, your morals doesn't matter. I didn't get much choices in this game. I got to decide the fate of an old man I knew through some boring exposition that didn't intrest me. In the end, the guy died anyway, and it didn't effect the ending as far as I know. I got to choose the bird or the cage. Nothing really important happened as far as I know, maybe a different song to control the bird. The other missing element is the lack of stategy. This game is all action and no thinking. You can shoot like a mindless redneck and still win the game. You can open a tear so help to beat enemies easier. But in the end, if you use common knowlege you'll never die; just jump on a skyhook and exploit the curse of videogames in the 21 century: regenerating health... I'm glad they kept the option to upgrade weapons and tonics, but that's a nobrainer. And here's the big one; there is a big lack of Adam. The feeling of beating a Big Daddy or Sister using your traps, weapons, hacked turrets and plasmids; there is no better feeling than that and then getting Adam by either Rescuing or Harvesting a Little Sister (again, no moral dilemma for the player to choose), and then using it to make yourself into a greek god. It makes you feel like high on the game. In Infinite, you buy it for money, just like everything else. No highs for me. Well, you don't acually buy it, you just find it casually lying
Could also say that the tonics sucked. I used nothing but Murder of Crows and Shock thingy. That's it, and I played it in hard mode. The weapons selection was wide and okay, but I ended up using only the Carbine and the RPG in the end. The games final battle climax was a letdown, but so was the one in Bioshock 2; it's just a very easy arena defense.

As for the good sides: The enemy AI is amazing. It will not attack you straight on unless there is no choice, and if they can flank you, THEY WILL. They'll distract you with the heavy guns in front and send lighter troops behind you to bite you in the ass. I could care less about Elizabeth's AI, she just stops at random places and says "Hmm" or "Aha", though the "catch the ammo/salts/money" was useful since this game has way less backtracking in it, therefore less items.

As for the story, it's a boring mess. Booker Dewitt is the guy with the gun and a troubled past that has been done over and over. I knew Combstock wasn't Elizabeth's dad. The reveal of this lie was too early in the game and easy to uncover. As for the ending, it has severe lack of CHOICE. You wanna know something, I don't give a shit about Bookers past, nor should he. Go to fucking Paris, restart you relationship with your daughter, and start singing "Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase". It would have been okay if it was a different franchise, but OH, I FORGOT, IT'S FUCKING BIOSHOCK.

In the end, I had some fun with the gameplay from an action standpoint, and that's the main focus. Not a bad game, just a game with a wrong title.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]