Bioshock Remastered Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2016, 10:17 AM
This one took me by surprise. Bioshock 1 & 2 remastered just randomly showed up in my Steam library alongside the originals. Higher resolution textures and 4K support, pretty sweet Thumbsup.
I haven't played Bioshock 2 yet, but this might give me a reason to go back and play it now; also Bioshock 1 for the director's commentary.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: Bioshock Remastered Edition
I heard that the XB1 and PS4 editions were ported pretty well. Did you have any issues with your PC collection? I've noticed a couple of articles like this one about the PC Bioshock's having some issues.

Gorgeous games though. I loved Infinite.
16-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Mechanically, I enjoyed the first two better. Infinite was far too run-and-gun (for a series that has it's roots in System Shock, Deus Ex, and Thief), and the story was a complete downer. It left me so unsatisfied, that I never cared to play it again; whereas I beat the first two multiple times.

[Image: 41.jpg]

My POV 95% of the time, the wrench was boss.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-09-2016, 10:27 PM
A few months ago I though of replaying it on my 360, oddly the thought of reading fountainhead beforehand just as a curiosity before doing it caused me hesitation.

I never played or saw anything of 2, played 1 and loved it and watched all of infinite.

1 is a game I had to actively avoid hearing anything to spoil me about it sans the concept and intro. Anytime I saw an article or saw G4 in those days talk of bioshock 1 it 2 I avoided it hastily.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Hi,

Bioshock is a beautiful trilogy. Smile Been through it several times and a remastering tempts.

D.