Bipartisan congress?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Bipartisan congress?
Are we seeing the first inkling of reason leading to bipartisanship?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/us/po...ussia.html

Quote: Congressional leaders have reached an agreement on sweeping sanctions legislation to punish Russia for its election meddling and aggression toward its neighbors, they said Saturday, defying the White House’s argument that President Trump needs flexibility to adjust the sanctions to fit his diplomatic initiatives with Moscow.

Quote:The new legislation sharply limits the president’s ability to suspend or terminate the sanctions — a remarkable handcuffing by a Republican-led Congress six months into Mr. Trump’s tenure. It is also the latest Russia-tinged turn for a presidency consumed by investigations into the Trump campaign’s interactions with Russian officials last year.

Quote:Mr. Trump could soon face a decision: veto the bill — a move that would fuel accusations that he is doing the bidding of President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia — or sign legislation imposing sanctions his administration abhors.

Quote:“A nearly united Congress is poised to send President Putin a clear message on behalf of the American people and our allies, and we need President Trump to help us deliver that message,” said Senator Ben Cardin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
22-07-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Bipartisan congress?
Bipartisan politics -

When the two major parties put aside their differences to make a serious effort, to screw the American public.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-07-2017, 05:27 PM
A reason to think if something was serious enough to be found, an impeachment and removal of Trump isn't out of the gops mindset... besides they probably will feel more can be done with Pence or Ryan at president, why wouldn't they want that ultimately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-07-2017, 06:14 PM
If both parties are on board, I'm inclined to think it's because pollsters are telling them voters care. The Republicans know this can make them vulnerable in the midterms. This is likely just to take that away.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
22-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Tillerson appointed Sec of State:
Oil & Gas 1
Gunrunners 0

Money to Saudi Arabia:
Oil & Gas 1
Gunrunners 1

Peace negotiations with Russia over Syria:
Oil & Gas 2
Gunrunners 1

Sanctions remain:
Oil & Gas 2
Gunrunners 2

O&G... it's your move.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Was having a look at what the US Congress is all about, and I thought for a non-American, this site set things out pretty clearly and in plain English...

Legislative Branch (Congress)

I can see the Republicans losing out majorly in the House midterms next year, as it's usually seen as a vote on how well the POTUS is doing. In Trump's case it'll be close to zero LOL. As an Aussie, I'd be hoping the Democrats will regain power in Congress.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
23-07-2017, 05:16 PM
[Image: 13e7e75c391a65b23da66067ada4bbee.jpg]

Oops. Don't believe everything you read online. I'm leaving this here anyway though.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
23-07-2017, 05:33 PM
(23-07-2017 05:16 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: 13e7e75c391a65b23da66067ada4bbee.jpg]

Oops. Don't believe everything you read online. I'm leaving this here anyway though.

It's not fair to insult baboons like that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
23-07-2017, 06:37 PM
(23-07-2017 05:33 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 05:16 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: 13e7e75c391a65b23da66067ada4bbee.jpg]

It's not fair to insult baboons like that.

[Image: sorry-and-blushed.gif]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams