Bipolar/depression, illness or true self

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2016, 06:55 AM
RE: Bipolar/depression, illness or true self
I've speculated that some forms of mental illness are a form of evolutionary advantage - most exuberantly the potential link between schizophrenia and prophecy - others in the field more classically trained have speculated on the advantage of psychopathy in the business world.

The inner SJW was stirred by the fact that there is still great stigma associated with being mentally ill that prevents many from getting the help they could use. The progress that has been made in the field is a fragile candle in the dark that could use sheltering from blowhards.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Quote:blowhards

What sort of blowhardia are you referring to?
Find all posts by this user
20-11-2016, 07:17 AM
(20-11-2016 07:08 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:blowhards

What sort of blowhardia are you referring to?

The OP. That's butt's been plugged, fortunately. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-11-2016, 11:40 AM
(20-11-2016 06:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I've speculated that some forms of mental illness are a form of evolutionary advantage - most exuberantly the potential link between schizophrenia and prophecy - others in the field more classically trained have speculated on the advantage of psychopathy in the business world.

The inner SJW was stirred by the fact that there is still great stigma associated with being mentally ill that prevents many from getting the help they could use. The progress that has been made in the field is a fragile candle in the dark that could use sheltering from blowhards.

and now for something completely different ...

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-11-2016, 10:04 AM
I smoke, and i call it a mental illness, i see the world in a better way when i smoke, i aint stoppin
25-11-2016, 10:06 AM
(25-11-2016 10:04 AM)ThisIsGod Wrote:  I smoke, and i call it a mental illness, i see the world in a better way when i smoke, i aint stoppin

Ganja is a wonderful thing.

#sigh
15-04-2017, 05:36 PM
I think affective disorders are hypersensitive and can tap into more of an empathetic response to music and other art that other's might not be able to. The romantic rebellion moto was "feeling is all" given to us by the sensitive prophet of romanticism Goethe, and that feeling is suppose to lift the veil of mystery to see past the objective world of science. It's partly Freudian or Jungian. It can't be scientifically proven though so its always theoretical.
15-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Near Necropsy Experience. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-04-2017, 11:05 AM
I had a mental health eval. this morning.
It's a fairly thorough evaluation, it took over two hours of questioning to complete.

My psychiatrist recommended it. He thinks I might qualify to have a caseworker where I'll have more interaction with someone other than him just giving me pills for bi-polar.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-04-2017, 11:11 AM
(19-04-2017 11:05 AM)pablo Wrote:  I had a mental health eval. this morning.
It's a fairly thorough evaluation, it took over two hours of questioning to complete.

My psychiatrist recommended it. He thinks I might qualify to have a caseworker where I'll have more interaction with someone other than him just giving me pills for bi-polar.

Was that called a neuro-psych test?

#sigh