Bit worried!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Bit worried!
I'm no spring chicken and think I might be developing Alzheimer's disease.

Of late, I am finding the occasional fridge food in the food cupboard, and vice versa. Yuk, frozen vegemite! Confused !
Am losing my glasses more frequently (4 prescription & about 10 reading) and last night had
to watch T.V. wearing prescription darkies. Few other minor signs.

Next door neighbours wife got it; last eight years virtually a veggie...
I would far prefer euthansia to that.

On a more positive note I realise that many old people get a bit that way, just as part of the aging process, so hope that is applicable in my case. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Bit worried!
Nah - I'd say you're about due for some "getting older" symptoms, but that's about it.

As for losing your glasses more frequently; have you checked on top of your head? That's usually where I find mine after the standard twenty minute search. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
31-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I remember walking around one day looking all over for my glasses (before I had to wear them all the time). They weren't in the usual places, my huband (at the time) watched me for a while before he finally let me know they were on top of my head, where I often put them to keep babies from pulling them off my face. I was in my 20s at the time.
I have also put things in the fridge that belonged in the pantry and vice versa...I think we all do it to an extent...we get busy and/or distracted.
If you are really concerned make yourself a list of meds you have to take and things to do before leaving/going to bed that you can check off.
Get a big bowl or basket for things like glasses and keys.
I tend to lose/misplace stuff on weekends and holidays when my day isn't so routine.
You're good Mr. Woof!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Holy shit, Woofy; you're normal!! Who'da thunk it?! Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
I came to this thread for something... what was it? I'm sure there was something... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
Ahh, how we pine for our youth.

We all lose our clarity of thought, our sharpness of focus, and our completeness of memory. All of us.

Consider chess. You would think that it's a purely mental game. Unlike, say tennis, where getting older clearly means younger, stronger players will prevail over older, frailer players, chess is purely in the mind. It's a blend of intelligence and accumulated knowledge. The best world-class chess players have encyclopedias of chess information in their heads.

And yet, the oldest player to ever win a world championship was only 50 years old, the first world champion Wilhelm Steinitz, way back in 1886 when the competition was nowhere near as educated as today's chess players. He held the title for 8 years but only defended it once in that time and then was beaten convincingly by the 26-year-old Emmanuel Lasker.

So, in a game that relies almost solely on our ability to accumulate knowledge, it would seem that each year we study we accumulate another year of knowledge, so the older players have way more knowledge than the younger players - but the younger players still win.

Brain function. We all lose it.

It doesn't mean alzheimer's is setting in.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
31-01-2013, 02:53 PM
(31-01-2013 02:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I remember walking around one day looking all over for my glasses (before I had to wear them all the time). They weren't in the usual places, my huband (at the time) watched me for a while before he finally let me know they were on top of my head, where I often put them to keep babies from pulling them off my face. I was in my 20s at the time.
I have also put things in the fridge that belonged in the pantry and vice versa...I think we all do it to an extent...we get busy and/or distracted.
If you are really concerned make yourself a list of meds you have to take and things to do before leaving/going to bed that you can check off.
I tend to lose/misplace stuff on weekends and holidays when my day isn't so routine.
You're good Mr. Woof!
Thanks Ange!
Mrs Woof thinks she's sooo smart.
Thats what really annoys me Sadcryface Rolleyes
31-01-2013, 03:48 PM
(31-01-2013 02:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 02:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I remember walking around one day looking all over for my glasses (before I had to wear them all the time). They weren't in the usual places, my huband (at the time) watched me for a while before he finally let me know they were on top of my head, where I often put them to keep babies from pulling them off my face. I was in my 20s at the time.
You're good Mr. Woof!
Thanks Ange!
Mrs Woof thinks she's sooo smart.
Thats what really annoys me Sadcryface Rolleyes
Of course she's smart...she married you. Heart

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
31-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I usually carry my glasses on a necklace. I can't read a thing without them. And so they are always handy.
Misplacing things - sure that happens. Mostly when I try to make a better order out of things. Then I forget where the new places are. Happens to all of us.
Play some games. Do board games with your very smart wife, or go to pogo and play some games for free, they got most of the classics. These do exercise the mind.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
31-01-2013, 04:14 PM
(31-01-2013 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  I came to this thread for something... what was it? I'm sure there was something... Consider
Come on, your only approaching middle age! Wink