Bitching and whining

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Bitching and whining
Mecanna, this is the Personal issues and support area. This is the right place for your thread. You have people answering who care.
I know from my own experience how caring these wonderful people can be. Please feel comfortable.

You would not believe the help I have had through personal support both on and off site. Frankly, it makes me even more in awe of humanity.

There are others here more experienced in matters of the heart than I. They will likely offer better advice. This is why I try not to post in threads about marriage problems etc. I have no experience. But I can be here to listen and care and offer what little I am able.

Thinking of you. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-07-2015, 01:23 AM
(09-07-2015 11:54 PM)mecanna Wrote:  ...
Change is the problem.

Well, I wasn't really referring to 'change' ... more like ... erm ... supplementation?

If it's good for the goose, as they say.

Wink

ps. I can relate regarding lack of higher education... me too.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
10-07-2015, 09:51 AM
(10-07-2015 12:25 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Hmm.. I should volunteer more. I do, occasionally, at the local high-kill animal shelter that I disagree with.
Before drugs, my goal was to be a marine biologist or entomologist.

I've done yardwork, landscaping, painting, housekeeping, stable hand, horse training, etc. I take care of basic animal injuries for pet owners too poor for a vet. I'm learning caretaking while dealing with my mother. I'm currently homeschooling my kids, while cleaning homes and saving to move elsewhere.

Legit jobs include dish machine operator and hotel maid. Dodgy

Volunteering is an option. I've probably just been too self absorbed to consider it seriously.
Thanks for the advice

Sounds like you have a lot of work experience, which is great. You could definitely use all of those things to your advantage and make yourself marketable.

In terms of school--what about a vet tech? There are some vet hospitals that will also pay so much for college credits to put toward a degree in veterinary medicine. I do a lot of work with animal rescues here and I know several vet techs that are doing that.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-07-2015, 09:53 AM
If you still want to be a marine biologist/entomologist, why not go back to school? You could certainly do it. Check into school loans--see if you qualify.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post