Bizzare behaviour of Baboons in Dutch Zoo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Bizzare behaviour of Baboons in Dutch Zoo.
Its a "daily fail" article I do appreciate, however it is an interesting story nevertheless. Apparently the baboons in the zoo have behaved this way 4 times within the last twenty years with many different explanations put forward.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...itors.html

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: Bizzare behaviour of Baboons in Dutch Zoo.
They're having an election, baboons are democratic

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
03-08-2013, 06:03 PM
This is a very simple condition to cure. Give me a .22 Rifle and a couple of boxes of ammo, and I'll have those Baboons up and active within minutes.
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Or the zoo is the Baboon Gitmo and they are on hunger strike.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Well they aren't attacking visitors so I guess that kid from The Omen isn't responsible.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Denis Diderot

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered, religion is answers that may never be questioned"
04-08-2013, 03:46 AM
(03-08-2013 06:06 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Or the zoo is the Baboon Gitmo and they are on hunger strike.
Yeah, sure they're protesting. A wind must have blown inside a magazine featuring recent American drone bomb strikes. Someone should check the times of baboon protests for a match against other major American aggressions and invasions.
04-08-2013, 03:49 AM
Whats interesting in this case, as written in the article and from other sources I have read. This behavior has never been see before anywhere else outside of this Zoo. All of the baboons involved have been born in captivity, so logically i'm guessing whatever is affecting them must be localised to that area and be involved with their upbringing in their surroundings (or something)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-08-2013, 04:04 AM
(04-08-2013 03:49 AM)bemore Wrote:  Whats interesting in this case, as written in the article and from other sources I have read. This behavior has never been see before anywhere else outside of this Zoo. All of the baboons involved have been born in captivity, so logically i'm guessing whatever is affecting them must be localised to that area and be involved with their upbringing in their surroundings (or something)
If it wasn't so unique, it might be a sun-induced disturbance in geo-magnetic field. Most animals (even cows) have magnetized particles in brain, helping them in orientation. What if the geomagnetic field momentarily got so stronger, that baboons couldn't help but steer and stare along its field vectors?
04-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Someone was probably in over the weekend taking practice shots with a .22 Rifle and a couple of boxes of ammo.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-08-2013, 05:58 AM
They are having one of them religious fasting periods... Tongue

Actually, since they are a captive population devoid of many of the stimuli they may have in the wild, they may just be reacting to one of their own's strange behavior.

One of them may have discovered that, if s/he makes a certain sound (warning sound) the rest freezes.

Or, they may have heard some unusual sound from a predator at the zoo.

Or both.

In any case, this is probably normal behavior in the wild, except that the time is extended because the final stimulus, the conclusion, is missing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man