Black Atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Black Atheism?
Welcome to the forum Kortni!

Sorry you got hurt by your mom. Hug

My two cents in here is not really about race, but what atheism is as a definition, Girly-esque style:

You don't believe in God or Gods? Well, I don't either. Besides that, we might share nothing in common. But, from my experience, I find that there's always a little Star Trek shit that pops up. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Im not sure what to say since I'm only 21 and I've never considered my "blackness" much of an issue. Culturally I'm just about as middle America as you can get but I'm living in the south right now. I'm not pleased about that. And there's absolutely no reason you spirituality has to religious in nature, and I'm not quite sure why you think it's linked to your skin color either. I'm an artist and thats enough spiritual feeling for me. Find a way to channel your feelings.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm a haitian atheist, and it's a struggle for sure. I'm certain a lot of my family think atheists are into voodoo and shit like that, aha.

I haven't told my parents yet, and the arguments they give about morality when they talk about religion daily make me facepalm.

But I have to say, i think most kids growing up in the new generation of black baptists are quickly becoming non religious, until they become parents and, guiltily looking at their past, think that they should bring their children back to the faith

It's only a debate if both parties are willing to let each other's opinions change their own.
If you aren't willing to change in light of learning more about what you fight for, what the hell are you doing expecting the other party to want to change?
21-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Heart I can just feel the love in this thread!! AWESOME!! Heart

to know you aren't alone, that others understand where you are coming from, and that others careā€¦its what this forum is all about.

Heart

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post