Black Friday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Black Friday
Yahhhooo!!! Black Friday baby .. yeah!!

okay okay .. look I'm only exicted by this for one reason..

For some of you know .. I work for a security company...
They assigned me to a store on black friday.... covering for 11 hours from 11am to 10pm ...

Victoria's Secret ... LOL!!! Watching women fight over panties? bras? This has got to be entertaining when it comes to getting paid for! LOL!!

Think I'm going to call it ..... Pink Friday!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
22-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I wonder if I$I has figured out that nobody is forced to buy anything, they are free to buy shit, and they are free not to.

It's not like those who don't go buying shit are put in to forced labour camps or something.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
22-11-2012, 09:10 PM
(22-11-2012 09:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I wonder if I$I has figured out that nobody is forced to buy anything, they are free to buy shit, and they are free not to.

It's not like those who don't go buying shit are put in to forced labour camps or something.
Under capitalism "freedom" is strictly confined to consumerism.

Do you believe that consuming more, or having more to consume makes one more free?
22-11-2012, 09:14 PM
No. What makes one free is the capacity to choose what they wish to consume, which is my point; you don't have to buy anything you don't want to.

But hell, if you have such a problem with material wealth and consumerism, I hear places like Ethiopia are pretty damn free of capitalist evils like choose if you want to buy shit.

22-11-2012, 09:21 PM
(22-11-2012 09:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  No. What makes one free is the capacity to choose what they wish to consume, which is my point; you don't have to buy anything you don't want to.

But hell, if you have such a problem with material wealth and consumerism, I hear places like Ethiopia are pretty damn free of capitalist evils like choose if you want to buy shit.
Ethiopia the capitalist country?

So you do believe that choosing between 10 toasters is freedom but only having one kind of toaster to choose from would be less freedom?

Does freedom under capitalism only pertain to consumerism?
22-11-2012, 09:29 PM
The Ethiopia comment was supposed to point out that (by reputation) the public has fuck all, something which, if you hate having to, apparently against your own will, buy one of ten toaster, go live there. Buy one of two hundred flies instead.

I shall repeat; the freedom is that you don't have to buy any of the toasters, ever and nobody is forcing you to buy the damn things. Just like with any product, you decide what you will and will not buy.

If you so wished you could head out to the middle of Fuck Knows Where and live entirely off nature if you wanted too, never buying anything again.

23-11-2012, 06:42 AM
(22-11-2012 09:10 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(22-11-2012 09:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I wonder if I$I has figured out that nobody is forced to buy anything, they are free to buy shit, and they are free not to.

Under capitalism "freedom" is strictly confined to consumerism.

Do you believe that consuming more, or having more to consume makes one more free?

How is it that you can't discern the difference between an economic system and a political system?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Obviously they are one in the same Chas, duh.

It's just what they want you to think so that they can force you to have to freedom of being apparently forced to buy one of ten toasters.

23-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Black Friday
I don't think toasters are that much of a big ticket item on Black Friday.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-11-2012, 09:04 AM
You tell him that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Art of Shopping While Black BrokenQuill92 0 124 08-11-2013 12:02 PM
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Black People and Atheism BrokenQuill92 18 877 10-08-2013 02:20 AM
Last Post: PoolBoyG