Black Lives Matter March, Whites told to move to the back....racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-07-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Black Lives Matter March, Whites told to move to the back....racist?
(27-07-2016 12:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Why did the community organizer single out whites?
I hate BLM but BLM dogma asserts whites have systemic power. So all "POC" (people of colour) are beneath whites and thus weren't called out. The group they think who hold all the privilege were called out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2016, 12:26 PM
(27-07-2016 12:14 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 10:00 AM)tomilay Wrote:  How I understand it, the white folks are being told to move back so the blacks in the group can have more visibility. Some, especially the thin-skinned type, might view that as a reprehensible attack on whiteness. Warranting pride of place alongside the loss of innocent lives they are protesting.

The only possible issue I might see is that she could have used more polite language explaining why. African Americans are culturally loud, which some people mistake for aggression. But from looking at the reaction of the whites in that group, they are probably on the same page.

Why did the community organizer single out whites? She specifically asked white people to move to the back. Surely there were some Hispanics and Asians there too. Why weren't they asked to move to the back? She could have said, "black people to the front, all others to the back".....but she didn't. She targeted whites.

Also isn't claiming that African Americans are culturally loud about the same as saying they are uppity?

I wish I had all the answers. I have no more context of the video than you do. The white folks in the clip don't seem too bothered.

Last paragraph. It's not the same. There are some cultures where people tend to be loud. Americans in general are loud. African Americans take it a decibel higher. That can be interpreted as aggressive by someone not familiar with the norms.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
27-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Black Lives Matter March, Whites told to move to the back....racist?
ALL YOU CRACKERS GET TO THE BACK!
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
27-07-2016, 02:00 PM
(27-07-2016 05:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of course it's racist.

Not only that -- it's INTENTIONAL!!

You mean like this?

(27-07-2016 01:29 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Sure sounds like it from the mouth of that cow.

#sigh
27-07-2016, 02:07 PM
(27-07-2016 02:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 05:17 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of course it's racist.

Not only that -- it's INTENTIONAL!!

You mean like this?

(27-07-2016 01:29 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Sure sounds like it from the mouth of that cow.

She's a fat cow. Nothing to do with race.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
27-07-2016, 04:00 PM
People calling it racist don't know what racism is.

I'm not saying that I've experienced it either but I can at the very least extrapolate from other forms of bigotry.

We also don't know the context. Were there going to be news cameras taking footage of the march progressing round a corner for example? If you've only got a few seconds of footage being aired, it's very important to manage the image being portrayed.

Was the ratio of white to black too high for example?

Or maybe I just didn't understand most of what she said because of her strong American accent. Was she saying that whites had to go to the back because they were somehow subhuman and inferior? Or less civilised and more prone to aggressive behaviour? Was she casting judgement on white people?
27-07-2016, 04:09 PM
The group had a permit to demonstrate, and the area was theirs. It was the people against the rights of those who had a permit that were asked to move back. I can assure you if I had been there as white as I am I would have been marching with the black lives matter group, and would insist that those who were in opposition should take out their own permit for their own demonstration on their own chosen day.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
27-07-2016, 04:25 PM
(27-07-2016 04:00 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  People calling it racist don't know what racism is.

I'm not saying that I've experienced it either but I can at the very least extrapolate from other forms of bigotry.

We also don't know the context. Were there going to be news cameras taking footage of the march progressing round a corner for example? If you've only got a few seconds of footage being aired, it's very important to manage the image being portrayed.

Lol, no wonder you have Merkel as your avatar.

Quote:it's very important to manage the image being portrayed.

How about portraying the situation as it really is , rather then managing , meaning manipulating the situation to present the image you want to be presented even if it doesn't reflect the reality accurately.
The fact that you wrote that without even realizing what is you are suggesting is mind-boggling.
You are saying that is ok to fake the reality for the news in order to send out the message you want to be sent out. And not only that you are saying that this could be ok, you seem to think it is a perfectly normal thing to do.

You were born too late, few decades earlier and you could've had a great career with Stasi.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
27-07-2016, 04:32 PM
(27-07-2016 04:09 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  The group had a permit to demonstrate, and the area was theirs. It was the people against the rights of those who had a permit that were asked to move back. I can assure you if I had been there as white as I am I would have been marching with the black lives matter group, and would insist that those who were in opposition should take out their own permit for their own demonstration on their own chosen day.

No. She was telling everyone, even the white people there to support them, and white media members to move to the back. She even said black media could stay up front. That is the very definition of discrimination, and possibly racism.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
27-07-2016, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2016 04:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-07-2016 04:32 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  No. She was telling everyone, even the white people there to support them, and white media members to move to the back. She even said black media could stay up front. That is the very definition of discrimination, and possibly racism.

I have posed for group photos where the photographer said the very same things to get the lighting just right.

You're an angry elf.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post