Black Lives Matter March, Whites told to move to the back....racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-07-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Black Lives Matter March, Whites told to move to the back....racist?
(28-07-2016 06:19 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yeah but this is the reality of politics today. Even down to the news that you watch. To pretend otherwise is naive.

Agreed. And to condone it is insanity.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2016, 11:36 AM
(28-07-2016 07:52 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(27-07-2016 04:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I have posed for group photos where the photographer said the very same things to get the lighting just right.

You're an angry elf.

I have made people pose for such photos. I made the white subject move into shade and the black into more lit portions of the composition. I used flash fill on the black subject, while metering for the white subject. Nobody seems to have taken offense at my racism.
Are we just going to ignore the hideously racist historical context of telling people of a certain race to "move to the back" the way the lady in the video did (Thanks to DLJ for posting the relevant picture)? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-07-2016, 01:06 PM
(28-07-2016 11:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 07:52 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I have made people pose for such photos. I made the white subject move into shade and the black into more lit portions of the composition. I used flash fill on the black subject, while metering for the white subject. Nobody seems to have taken offense at my racism.
Are we just going to ignore the hideously racist historical context of telling people of a certain race to "move to the back" the way the lady in the video did (Thanks to DLJ for posting the relevant picture)? Consider

The point in my analogy is that there is more to racism than treating people differently on the basis of race. Something extra has to go into that action. You have to take into account the motivation of the action. Conversely one could consider my actions in positioning photographic subjects racist because I grouped people by race. I would just tell them to grow a thicker skin.

Personally, it takes a lot for me to decide if I can consider someone a racist. It's not a term I use lightly. Therefore I eliminate every other possible explanation, including garden variety bigotry, first. I have to see someone as threatening to take my, or someone else's, lunch (or in many cases their lives) before I can use that term.

The Dallas cop killer was a racist. Whites as group have every right to be outraged and terrified that there is/was someone out there with a bulls eye on them. Same thing with Dylann Roof.

For this lady, I would say find out what her motivation was before making the call. Good thing is the whites she told to move back are still alive. In a position to share their side of the story. I just don't get the feeling that they were as hurt by her suggestion as some on this thread.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
28-07-2016, 02:18 PM
The only time Black Lives Matter condemned the actions of their members was when they had a peaceful picnic with police. That should tell you all you need to know about BLM lol.
28-07-2016, 06:01 PM
(28-07-2016 01:06 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Whites as group have every right to be outraged and terrified that there is/was someone out there with a bulls eye on them. Same thing with Dylann Roof.

The thought actually kind of turns me on.

'Murican Canadian
06-12-2016, 12:36 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Black Lives Matter March, Whites told to move to the back....racist?
(28-07-2016 02:18 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  The only time Black Lives Matter condemned the actions of their members was when they had a peaceful picnic with police. That should tell you all you need to know about BLM lol.

That's because them cracker pigs were faking it and really want to shoot the blacks.
07-12-2016, 07:40 AM
(06-12-2016 01:36 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-07-2016 02:18 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  The only time Black Lives Matter condemned the actions of their members was when they had a peaceful picnic with police. That should tell you all you need to know about BLM lol.

That's because them cracker pigs were faking it and really want to shoot the blacks.

They tend to be kinda docile and slow-moving if you keep them full of donuts.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post