Black Lives Matter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 07:55 AM
RE: Black Lives Matter
(17-08-2015 07:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 07:49 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nevermind, ok I get it I'm wrong.

Okay good. I'm glad you see the confusion here. Thumbsup

I never meant all were justifiable. Eric Garners death was not among many others. It just makes me mad that some cops have to worry about them or their families getting hurt or killed over some things a few bad cops have done and makes me mad that cops are given this bad name even though most do serve well and are good, makes me mad that blacks have to fear if they are confronted by cops because a few bad cops made stupid decisions. A lot of things going on this world get me worked up so, I'm sorry.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2015, 08:45 AM
(16-08-2015 04:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Go fuck yourself, you racist and bigoted troll

How to Win Friends and Influence People, the Bearded edition. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-08-2015, 08:59 AM
More than a few issues are conflated here. I see the rise of the police state as a product of marketing the war on terror. BLM is an issue of complexity, i.e. that the majority is incapable of counting past 2. Us versus Them is part of the human condition, practically evolutionary imperative. Despite the flaws of the movement I cannot but help support any movement that raises the general awareness of any exploited group. While I think we should all be considerate of the plights of another, marketing always plays a part. And a group that utilizes outliers to make their point still has a point.

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-08-2015, 09:02 AM
(17-08-2015 08:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(16-08-2015 04:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Go fuck yourself, you racist and bigoted troll

How to Win Friends and Influence People, the Bearded edition. Angel

I'll sign a copy for you if you like Thumbsup

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
17-08-2015, 09:15 AM
(17-08-2015 09:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 08:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How to Win Friends and Influence People, the Bearded edition. Angel

I'll sign a copy for you if you like Thumbsup

I "know" and like you, so we don't have many problems,but it's easy to forget that real people exist behind these avatars. And this subject is just "thorny shit central." Angel

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Black Lives Matter
(17-08-2015 09:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(17-08-2015 09:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'll sign a copy for you if you like Thumbsup

I "know" and like you, so we don't have many problems,but it's easy to forget that real people exist behind these avatars. And this subject is just "thorny shit central." Angel

The single interaction you saw, isn't the sole reason for my analysis of onlinebikingtroll

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
18-08-2015, 01:48 PM
I generally don't consider myself racist as blatant acts of racism infuriate me, but I can also admit that when I see a particular race happily meeting their own stereotype I find it difficult to give two shits that we all hate each other.

As long as we continue to lie to ourselves, nothing will change and I truly doubt it ever will. For this reason I do my best to give every person I encounter a chance.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
18-08-2015, 02:10 PM
I really think that the war on drugs is the main culprit in filling the jails with people who don't belong there and who could have lead happy, useful lives without said war.

I think the way to handle what remains of racism is by eliminating the ISSUES that perpetuate it. You can't change human nature, but you can change the circumstances that cause people to have a certain image.

Drugs need to be handled in a way that takes the profit out of peddling them. We also need to take away the need to procure tons of money to support addictions. Drug addiction is a disease and needs to be dealt with as such.

The criminalization of addiction is one of the core issues at the root of today's racism.

Thankfully, interracial marriages are becoming more common place. This is another step towards eliminating racism.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
18-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Even if a movement is arguably justified, that doesn't necessarily make it rational. Those who support this movement were already sympathetic to its cause to begin with, while perceived isolation on both sides is going to strengthen the resolve of the extremists, so to speak. The numbers of cop hating thugs and white supremacists will both rise in response to this movement.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
18-08-2015, 02:46 PM
(18-08-2015 02:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Even if a movement is arguably justified, that doesn't necessarily make it rational. Those who support this movement were already sympathetic to its cause to begin with, while perceived isolation on both sides is going to strengthen the resolve of the extremists, so to speak. The numbers of cop hating thugs and white supremacists will both rise in response to this movement.

It's sad that people aren't seeing the negative effects of this. I'm not saying we shouldn't be doing something too raise awareness I just think this way is way to detrimental.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post