Black Men for Bernie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Black Men for Bernie
http://blackmenforbernie.com/

Have any of you guys seen this website before? I thought it was a joke when I first saw it, but it turns out that it's a genuine website. Bernie even met up with its founders a few days ago.

"Why is this guy so surprised about a website started by black men who support Bernie Sanders?" you might ask yourself at this point. Good question! I'm surprised because of what it says on their "Help Us" page:

We are challenging you to be more like black men in the 1800’s that fought past adversity with dignity,– the fore founders of the divine nine and Masons who thought about others. If you are a black man we ask you to:
1) Stand up for your families;
2) Stop abandoning your children;
3) Stop making it rain;
4) Stop using the pulpit to abuse your position of power;
5) Stop asking for votes and not serving the best interest of the community;
6) Get registered to vote today, and get others to vote in support of Bernie Sanders, the only candidate who has a proven track record of fighting for your rights!

7) Get every woman in your life to vote for Bernie on your behalf;
8) If you can’t vote personally, get 10 new voters registered and pledge (GIVE US YOUR WORD) to personally take them to the polls to vote for you and Bernie;
9) Make a minimum contribution of $1.00 to Black Men For Bernie in order to help us get out the facts to our communities across America on-the-ground;
10) Participate in marches for equality and education in your city.

Thank You!

How is this not satire? This is straight-up racism. Shocking

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Black Men for Bernie
Stop making it rain you guys, Stop it. Enuff I say!
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
11-03-2016, 06:40 PM
(11-03-2016 06:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://blackmenforbernie.com/

Have any of you guys seen this website before? I thought it was a joke when I first saw it, but it turns out that it's a genuine website. Bernie even met up with its founders a few days ago.

"Why is this guy so surprised about a website started by black men who support Bernie Sanders?" you might ask yourself at this point. Good question! I'm surprised because of what it says on their "Help Us" page:

We are challenging you to be more like black men in the 1800’s that fought past adversity with dignity,– the fore founders of the divine nine and Masons who thought about others. If you are a black man we ask you to:
3) Stop making it rain;
6) Get registered to vote today, and get others to vote in support of Bernie Sanders, the only candidate who has a proven track record of fighting for your rights!

8) If you can’t vote personally, get 10 new voters registered and pledge (GIVE US YOUR WORD) to personally take them to the polls to vote for you and Bernie;
9) Make a minimum contribution of $1.00 to Black Men For Bernie in order to help us get out the facts to our communities across America on-the-ground;

Thank You!

No clue if it's satire...but I don't understand #3.

There must be something...but I haven't a clue what it means.

Is it racism? if it's a real thing started by black men who want other blacks to vote for Bernie...how is that racist?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2016, 06:42 PM
(11-03-2016 06:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  How is this not satire? This is straight-up racism. Shocking

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oke-Thread

(11-03-2016 06:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  3) Stop making it rain;

Clearly they need to absolutely not do that. Instead, they could sent them to California and Texas. They need rain, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-03-2016, 07:09 PM
(11-03-2016 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No clue if it's satire...but I don't understand #3.

It's a slang expression used to describe the act of literally throwing money in the air at a strip club.

(11-03-2016 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is it racism? if it's a real thing started by black men who want other blacks to vote for Bernie...how is that racist?
I don't think the authors of the website have bad intentions, mind you, but to suggest that black people need to be asked to "stop abandoning their children" and to "stop throwing their money away at strip clubs" is both incredibly racist and condescending.

It's almost as bad, if not worse than the "We need to teach men not to rape" rhetoric I've been seeing online lately.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
11-03-2016, 07:18 PM
(11-03-2016 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 06:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://blackmenforbernie.com/

3) Stop making it rain;

Thank You!

No clue if it's satire...but I don't understand #3.

Is it racism? if it's a real thing started by black men who want other blacks to vote for Bernie...how is that racist?

From urban dictionary:

make it rain
When you have a wad of cash and throw it in the air in a strip club, ''making it rain'' It's also a song by Fat Joe

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
11-03-2016, 07:22 PM
(11-03-2016 07:18 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 06:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No clue if it's satire...but I don't understand #3.

From urban dictionary:

make it rain
When you have a wad of cash and throw it in the air in a strip club, ''making it rain'' It's also a song by Fat Joe

Thanks...had no clue.

Interesting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Vos... I ain't calling your skill at naming threads into question, but...

I thought I was about to find out ol' Bernie done... put his money where his mouth is over Gay marriage, and minority rights! Confused

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-03-2016, 06:44 AM
(11-03-2016 07:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't think the authors of the website have bad intentions, mind you, but to suggest that black people need to be asked to "stop abandoning their children" and to "stop throwing their money away at strip clubs" is both incredibly racist and condescending.

It's almost as bad, if not worse than the "We need to teach men not to rape" rhetoric I've been seeing online lately.

Agreed. Telling a group to stop perpetuating the stereotype is racist, whether or not the person telling them is the same race.