Black Ops 2 Anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Black Ops 2 Anyone?
Just got to see the trailer.

Actually hoping to see a lot of action between modern/futuristic technology and old arts of war. Curious to see how the story will play out. Was not so thrilled about it being so far in the future....but then, watched the video again...and am willing to give it a shot.

Maybe the story in this one will be better than the first.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Black Ops 2 Anyone?
The story is always balls in CoD. Most people get it because it bears the CoD name... so, you assume that it will be good.

Story is very important to me in a game.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
It looks fun but I can't help but wonder why it bears the black ops name. Seems like an entirely new franchise opportunity.
But I have issues with the call of duty games these days anyways. Lack of local co-op campaign is one of them. The other is overtly cinematic gaming, with more emphasis on cinema and less on the gaming.

I still have modern warfare 3, and black ops though. And I used to have the other modern warfare games and world at war.... So what I'm saying is, I'll play the rest too. Dammit.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
(05-05-2012 09:26 AM)lucradis Wrote:  It looks fun but I can't help but wonder why it bears the black ops name. Seems like an entirely new franchise opportunity.
But I have issues with the call of duty games these days anyways. Lack of local co-op campaign is one of them. The other is overtly cinematic gaming, with more emphasis on cinema and less on the gaming.

I still have modern warfare 3, and black ops though. And I used to have the other modern warfare games and world at war.... So what I'm saying is, I'll play the rest too. Dammit.
Black Ops 2 does indeed seem very different from the first. One of my younger siblings who was into the game was rather ticked off about that. She was about ready to say forget the game altogether, but as many a loyal fan...she is going to try it out first before forgetting it altogether. LOL!

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
05-05-2012, 07:56 PM
YOU FOOLS! IT'S A TRAP!

Trust me. It's just going to be black ops with some new guns and some different maps like the rest of the shitty franchise. If I see anyone with this game on my friends list.....instant removal. NO exceptions.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
06-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Generic Shooters...
The last 'shooter' I enjoyed was Metroid Prime, because it genuinly added something to the genre.
Which everyone subsequently forgot.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
06-05-2012, 11:45 AM

Consider

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Who buys this for the story?

Give me a phone when all the multiplayer stuff comes out.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-09-2012, 12:11 AM
I was trepid at first as well. I've been getting more and more into the Call of Duty franchise since WaW. I like it... I like CoD a lot. It has it's problems like any other game but I'm no critc. I mostly get it for the Multiplayer anyway and do the Campaign on the side. I just pre-ordered it a few days ago and can't wait.

Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself. - Robert Ingersoll
[Image: jVZNc.jpg]
03-09-2012, 03:04 AM

Introduces destruction to a tactical shooter. Awesome!

Emphasizes tactics. Cool!

Has an amazing lore and story behind it. Rad!

Fosters creativity. Saweet!

Invites immaturity, no tactics, no creativity, no story, no destruction. A bad war game.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post