Black Women “Not Hot”

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2015, 04:24 PM
RE: Black Women “Not Hot”
(15-12-2015 03:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 03:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, he's still crazy...

Gabrielle Union hot!

This isn't about whether they are hot or not. He got suspended for simply making a comment that the aren't.

I understand that. I was just making a comment to his comment. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2015, 04:26 PM
(15-12-2015 04:03 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 04:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ... which you (entirely incorrectly) attempted to link to the first amendment.

Figure of speech. Regardless of 1A or not, should he get suspended for the comment?

No. Have you seen anyone say otherwise? I am genuinely curious.

Since everything is hearsay up to and including the details of the disciplinary action, and particularly in light of the man in question being the only witness provided ('cause that's not a bias! by way of analogy: would you acquit a defendant solely on the basis of their own testimony?), I have basically no information to go on and thus see no substantive justification. Nonetheless I can take a stab at guessing the justification for the action (as presented - remember, it's still all complete hearsay on all counts): I'd guess the administration talked themselves into taking some action for the sake of being seen to take any action, which you may recognise as an administrative phenomenon only slightly more modern than fire.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
15-12-2015, 04:59 PM
(15-12-2015 03:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
Quote:College Student Suspended for 6 Months for Saying Black Women “Not Hot”

The progressive movement's intolerance of the first amendment is rampant.

Quote:Saying that black women are “not hot” got a Colorado College student suspended for six months – appealed down from 21.

The sanction against Thaddeus Pryor was not the only action the school took against offensive comments posted Nov. 9 on the anonymous social-media app Yik Yak: His friend Lou Henriques was expelled.

Their jokes took place on a night where the Yik Yak conversation on campus was centered around the theme #BlackLivesMatter.

What started off as raising awareness quickly became “mud slinging,” Pryor told The College Fix in a phone interview. When someone wrote “#blackwomenmatter,” Pryor said he joined in, anonymously replying, “They matter, they’re just not hot.”

Pryor immediately regretted his crass remark. “I was ashamed, because some people were clearly upset” over the post, Pryor said. “So I deleted it.”

But when Pryor walked through the student center the next day, he learned his comment did not go unnoticed.

Publicly shamed, then framed

“Some people screenshotted the most racial things said [from Yik Yak that night], and they blew them up onto banners and hung them up in the student center in front of the dean’s office,” Pryor said…

…The “entire situation” on Yik Yak Nov. 9 actually began with crass comments targeting white students, calling them “dirty hippies with small dicks” who are “always fucking their cousins,” then moving on to mocking Muslims and even “Smurfs,” Pryor wrote.

He warned Edmonds to consider the precedent the school is setting with its “harsh and immediate” suspension for one crass post, asking the dean whether that will “encourage or discourage conversations on campus” concerning an “entire body of ideas.”

Edmonds responded Dec. 3 that he wouldn’t change the sanction – because Pryor “accepted responsibility for the comment,” singular – but he would end the suspension May 16, so the punishment would serve the educational purpose Pryor asked for.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/...n-not-hot/

Just based on the information of the article, which is limited and poorly written, it looks unfair and smacks of PC overkill. He did not use a slur, he did not target a specific person for humiliation, so seems extreme to me.

But... does he have a history? What actually was the entire thread like that he participated in? What happened to all the others? Why wasn't every person who posted negative stuff regardless of ethnicity also punished accordingly?

Lots of things not covered. Saying any group is "not hot" is not an insult by itself but the punishment may have been more about his participation in a abusive txt party rather than his actual words.

We just don't have that info. Still seems harsh, not just.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
15-12-2015, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 08:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-12-2015 03:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/...n-not-hot/

I've heard of this guy. He's affectionately known as Jim Hoft, Dumbest Man on the Internet. Seriously, he won an award and everything.

Sample Stupid:

1) Claiming that Obama celebrated the death of journalist Daniel Pearl.
2) Publishing a story derived from a satirical website stating that a high school had rescinded its invitation to the President due to his “forged” birth certificate.
3) Deciding that the Times Square bomber was a registered Democrat.
4) Spreading some bullshit survivalist fantasy about the Department of Homeland Security buying thousands of tanks (he earned a Drudge link for that effort).
5) Calling Desmond Tutu a “Jew Hater”.
6) Decrying a logo shaped like an atom at an international summit on nuclear issues as a sign of MOOSLEM CONSPIRACY.
7) Describing the nice folks from the Westboro Baptist Church as a “left wing cult”.
8) Deciding that Obama was photoshopped into the situation room when Bin Laden was killed because…?

#sigh
[+] 10 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-12-2015, 05:45 PM
It's a private college... what is it with people not understanding how the 1st amendment doesn't have control in these scenarios at all? It's a right of protection from government, not protection from a private business.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-12-2015, 07:12 PM
[Image: tumblr_lg41p2lvp61qej93ko1_500.gif]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 5 users Like cactus's post
15-12-2015, 07:38 PM
Now this is the kind of abusive posting party that deserves punishment:

High School Girl’s Response to ‘Ugly Girls’ Poll Goes Viral

http://magazine.good.is/articles/cyber-b...dc1e063da2

She made an excellent come back. Good on her. Heart

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
15-12-2015, 07:45 PM
(15-12-2015 07:38 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Now this is the kind of abusive posting party that deserves punishment:

It's sad that some people don't realize that you can be absolutely stunningly gorgeous and yet, your personality can make you so incredibly ugly.

Loved her response!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-12-2015, 07:50 PM

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-12-2015, 07:57 PM
(15-12-2015 07:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-12-2015 07:38 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Now this is the kind of abusive posting party that deserves punishment:

It's sad that some people don't realize that you can be absolutely stunningly gorgeous and yet, your personality can make you so incredibly ugly.

Loved her response!

Yes. Beauty is only skin deep but an ugly personality is to the bone. And it works both ways for women and men. As a feminist I hear a lot about the shaming of women and yes it's true but men suffer from this beauty bashing as well.

Kindness is its own beauty and it never grows old or gets fat.

SmileSmileSmile