Black history month is fucking stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Black history month is fucking stupid.
Now as I black man I can certainly say that black history month is fucking stupid. Now I can see a guest walk in here right now and say "wow this zeke kid is fucking racist, who does this guy think he is?'

Well hear me out. I want to explain why the concept of black history month, and ultimately all specific race months are really stupid.

1. It makes it look as if we should teach black history once a year

Now I hear people say that we should have black history month, because we teach to much white history through out the year. Now wonder why that is? Because there is no white history month. Now black history shouldn't be put into one month and then forgotten. Black history is large, with various of different black leaders. We shouldn't just try to teach it all in one month, not to mention the shortest month.

2. It doesn't help at all

Now I don't think america is as racist as it used to be, but keeping black history month doesn't help. In fact it helps people forget about it. Other races will remember a little about black history because they go 11 long months not learning jack shit about black history in school just to only learn it about one short month a year. Now I have heard the cry "But we celebrate black culture this month." And you can't celebrate black culture the rest of the year why? I mean you can do it any month, there is no excuse.

3. Black history is american history

And like american history it should be taught all year round. When history has an important black person in the mix, I don't care if it is February or July, teach the black history. And that goes for all races. Asian, white, hispanic, native american. American history is american history. Let's just learn about the deep and interesting history of america, all of it.

Well I hope you can understand my point of view on why this idea for a month is stupid. Now I know somebody is going to think I am racist for saying it, but in reality, I don't care what they think I mean you could address the points.

ありがとう

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
09-02-2016, 08:50 AM
RE: Black history month is fucking stupid.
Interesting points Zeke.

As a kind of similar point, I was just having a chat with friends about my own country's historical cultural issues in regards to their indigenous peoples yesterday.

Their point was that they didn't think native cultures deserved to be so highlighted. Where as I pointed out just how recently within my countries history we were being, effectively, even worse racists than the Americans had been.
09-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Oh come on... who doesn't love a good circle jerk?

Seriously though, people and their security blankets come in all colors.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2016, 09:32 AM
You're not the first black guy I've heard say this.

Being proud of "your history" is pretty weak anyway....

Who CARES what your great, great, great grandpa did or didn't do????? It's irrelevant. Where your ancestors came from means very little.

What YOU do -- that's what impresses others.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-02-2016, 09:35 AM
(09-02-2016 09:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're not the first black guy I've heard say this.

Being proud of your "history" is pretty weak anyway....

Who CARES what your great, great, great grandpa did or didn't do????? It's irrelevant. Where your ancestors came from means very little.

Maybe not for America... but with my country such terrible racial discrimination was happening well into almost my life time. One doesn't even have to go back one generation. It was happening within the life time of my parents.

So, in some cases, there is that.

One tries to learn from history so as to not repeat it. As some one once said, or there abouts.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
09-02-2016, 09:38 AM
(09-02-2016 09:35 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 09:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're not the first black guy I've heard say this.

Being proud of your "history" is pretty weak anyway....

Maybe not for America... but with my country such terrible racial discrimination was happening well into almost my life time. One doesn't even have to go back one generation. It was happening within the life time of my parents.

So, in some cases, there is that.

One tries to learn from history so as to not repeat it. As some one once said, or there abouts.

Learning from history is good. Just don't segment it - and favor one view over the other.......

Expecting respect because of your ancestry is as wrong and childish as making judgements about people because of the color of their skin, or the country their great grandpappy came from....

It's just from a different angle.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2016, 09:40 AM
I don't understand racial pride -- or national pride, for that matter.

What sort of idiot is proud over an accident of birth?
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-02-2016, 09:41 AM
(09-02-2016 09:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't understand racial pride -- or national pride, for that matter.

Well... 'accident' is kind of assuming the parents weren't planing anything, right? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
09-02-2016, 09:42 AM
(09-02-2016 09:40 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't understand racial pride -- or national pride, for that matter.

It seems that there is quite a few of such idiots. It's compensation I think - if someone can't be proud about real achievement then that certain someone will start waxing lyrics about his glorious nation and it equally glorious past.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-02-2016, 09:48 AM

Yup... It's not like you put huge amounts of effort into it, or you demonstrated a wild talent by being born somewhere......

It's even sillier when you consider you're not really "from" some country - as in, that is your point of origin.... Your ancestors came from somewhere else, and settled there..... If theories are right, all of humankind came from eastern Africa.

You pick your ancestors, by picking a point in TIME, not space.