Black history month is fucking stupid.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: Black history month is fucking stupid.
(09-02-2016 02:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well it wouldn't stop them from ignoring both regardless of women or black history month. So yeah if they are going so far as to white wash it then whether there is a black or any history month wouldn't help.

I kind of like the idea of some ragingly racist bunch of rednecks getting reluctantly re-educated for one month a year Tongue

It be even more fun all year.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 02:10 PM
(09-02-2016 02:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  I kind of like the idea of some ragingly racist bunch of rednecks getting reluctantly re-educated for one month a year Tongue

It be even more fun all year.

Isn't that what the Jade Helm FEMA camps were for? "Re-education" of "undesirables"?

I mean, Glenn Beck said it, so it must be true.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
09-02-2016, 02:12 PM
(09-02-2016 02:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It be even more fun all year.

Isn't that what the Jade Helm FEMA camps were for? "Re-education" of "undesirables"?

I mean, Glenn Beck said it, so it must be true.

Also make sure to buy our end of the world food.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-02-2016, 02:21 PM
(09-02-2016 02:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 01:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yeah, try finding black history or women history in Texas or Oklahoma. Ha! It's still very whitewashed. The only reason we have any decent Native American history taught here is that now they have some power and money here in Oklahoma and that can't be ignored.

Well it wouldn't stop them from ignoring both regardless of women or black history month. So yeah if they are going so far as to white wash it then whether there is a black or any history month wouldn't help.

Yes it does. It gives the teacher the opportunity to teach off-book (yes, some schools are strict about teachers sticking to what is only in the approved books and what is in the news of current events) and it also permeates our media in tv and the internet so people/students get exposure even if the schools block the info.

There's just no reason to not have it as long as schools have the right to create their own history.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-02-2016, 02:31 PM
(09-02-2016 02:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:02 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well it wouldn't stop them from ignoring both regardless of women or black history month. So yeah if they are going so far as to white wash it then whether there is a black or any history month wouldn't help.

Yes it does. It gives the teacher the opportunity to teach off-book (yes, some schools are strict about teachers sticking to what is only in the approved books and what is in the news of current events) and it also permeates our media in tv and the internet so people/students get exposure even if the schools block the info.

There's just no reason to not have it as long as schools have the right to create their own history.

Well that still gives no use. Seeing as the internet would show it with or without black history seeing as google will celebrate the lives of black people any day of the year depending on who the black person is. Black history goes the same for T.V.

09-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Black history month is like 40 now... I don't really care who it's fucking, or how smart they are.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
09-02-2016, 02:47 PM
(09-02-2016 02:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes it does. It gives the teacher the opportunity to teach off-book (yes, some schools are strict about teachers sticking to what is only in the approved books and what is in the news of current events) and it also permeates our media in tv and the internet so people/students get exposure even if the schools block the info.

Well that still gives no use. Seeing as the internet would show it with or without black history seeing as google will celebrate the lives of black people any day of the year depending on who the black person is. Black history goes the same for T.V.

But "TV and internet" doesn't mean people are actually going to learn anything, let alone seek out new topics or ideas. It's an environment extraordinarily prone to confirmation bias and related problems.
(just look at all the proud conspiracy theorists with their University of Google credentials!)

I think perhaps you are underestimating the effect of exposure at school to things people wouldn't otherwise encounter.

... this is my signature!
09-02-2016, 03:00 PM
(09-02-2016 02:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:21 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes it does. It gives the teacher the opportunity to teach off-book (yes, some schools are strict about teachers sticking to what is only in the approved books and what is in the news of current events) and it also permeates our media in tv and the internet so people/students get exposure even if the schools block the info.

It's here and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. So... Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
09-02-2016, 03:07 PM
(09-02-2016 02:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But "TV and internet" doesn't mean people are actually going to learn anything, let alone seek out new topics or ideas. It's an environment extraordinarily prone to confirmation bias and related problems.
(just look at all the proud conspiracy theorists with their University of Google credentials!)

Well if people were going to not learn anything, that can go for black history, even during black history month. Also schools can be the same way. They could teach black history during black history month in one of these schools that don't, but at the same time teach that they were criminals and trouble makers. Bias is bias, it exist everywhere, even schools.

(09-02-2016 02:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I think perhaps you are underestimating the effect of exposure at school to things people wouldn't otherwise encounter.

Well sure schools can expose, yet again so can the internet. Consider how I used the internet for black history like that of atheism is exposed on the internet.

09-02-2016, 03:08 PM
(09-02-2016 03:00 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 02:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well that still gives no use. Seeing as the internet would show it with or without black history seeing as google will celebrate the lives of black people any day of the year depending on who the black person is. Black history goes the same for T.V.

It's here and it's not going anywhere anytime soon. So... Smile

Fair point.