Poll: Do black people have a rational fear about the restablishment of slavery?
yes
no
[Show Results]

Black people live in fear that slavery will be reinstituted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2016 08:48 PM by TrainWreck.)
Black people live in fear that slavery will be reinstituted
Quote:. . . Then one student hit me with this:

“Mr. Smiley, do you believe that given the crisis state of our democracy, we black folk could ever find ourselves enslaved again?”

Whoa. Didn’t see that one coming. Neither did the mostly white audience. A quiet fell over the room. I swallowed hard.

Looking directly at the student, I could see he was dead serious, and I wanted to treat his question with the soberness it deserved. But, truthfully, I stumbled as I began to respond, not knowing how to properly frame my response.

My answer? Yes.

http://time.com/4535292/donald-trump-black-slaves/

Slavery is an extremely inefficient labor structure. As much as brilliant black people want to believe it to be free labor, it is very difficult to maintain a slave population - it's a bit more complicated than raising children on welfare. Slaves have to be healthy to do the work - you cannot whip them all into doing the work. We have machines to do the work, now anyway - we need people smart enough to design/operate/maintain the machines. Slaves have to be bred properly to maintain the labor force - I don't think black people understand how difficult that was, nor do they understand that that is what their true grievance is. There are all kinds of aspects that lead to the demise of slavery that black people cannot figure out for themselves, because it is true - black people are stupid.

It is absolutely absurd to believe that Travis Smiley did not review Vice President Biden's remarks during the 2012 election suggesting that the Republicans are determined to reestablish slavery; which is when I went over it, and reasoned that we are approaching a robot served society. Very few white people believe slavery is a practical labor force. Those white people are of our stupid class. There is a larger portion of the white population that believes that black people should be deported, segregated, or exterminated – those are the options that Travis Smiley should have been able to direct the Lehigh students’ considerations.

I think everyone of Travis Smiley's stature should be able to recognize the absurdity of the argument dilemma.

It is absurd to believe that a black person has not pondered the question about a return to slavery. It is probably not too far-fetched to assume that the concept is not too far removed from their thoughts, and that they ponder it more often then what they would like to admit. Blacks are obsessed with slavery, and we, white people, are responsible for such errors in their broken culture - we have to fix it for them. There are not enough white people who believe that black people are justified in their criticisms of the United States.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: Black people live in fear that slavery will be reinstituted
@Tranwreck

You are aware that slavery still exist in the US even if its illegal? It does affect, by a landslide, members of ethnic minorities. Most of them works in sweatshops, in farms and in houses as maids. It also affect women more often than men. With the minimum wage stagnating bellow the poverty line and budget cuts in social services being at the core of the Republican platform. One might wonder if the future of the poorest black communities isn't going to be analogous to slavery should they get there way. Of course, considering the situation, this fear is mostly exagerated.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
23-10-2016, 09:11 PM
[Image: jx1DvS9.gif]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
23-10-2016, 09:13 PM
You lost me at "black people are stupid."

Hopefully you don't die an embittered racist ... bit them are some long odds, on that one.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-10-2016, 09:42 PM
(23-10-2016 09:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You lost me at "black people are stupid."

Hopefully you don't die an embittered racist ... bit them are some long odds, on that one.

This racist fucktard has been on my ignore list for nearly four years, you can see why.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-10-2016, 09:48 PM
(23-10-2016 09:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You lost me at "black people are stupid."

Let me know when you run into a black person denouncing Tavis Smiley's analysis. I do not recall any blacks denouncing Vice President Biden's remarks.
Weeping

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
24-10-2016, 01:17 AM
(23-10-2016 08:35 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  It is absurd to believe that a black person has not pondered the question about a return to slavery. It is probably not too far-fetched to assume that the concept is not too far removed from their thoughts, and that they ponder it more often then what they would like to admit. Blacks are obsessed with slavery, and we, white people, are responsible for such errors in their broken culture - we have to fix it for them. There are not enough white people who believe that black people are justified in their criticisms of the United States.

Now that you have come here and ejaculated all over the board, pleast have at least the decency to take a towel and clean up your mess.

Jesus fucking Christ, some people dont have any decency at all.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
24-10-2016, 08:10 AM
(23-10-2016 08:35 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  It is absurd to believe that a black person has not pondered the question about a return to slavery. It is probably not too far-fetched to assume that the concept is not too far removed from their thoughts, and that they ponder it more often then what they would like to admit. Blacks are obsessed with slavery, and we, white people, are responsible for such errors in their broken culture - we have to fix it for them. There are not enough white people who believe that black people are justified in their criticisms of the United States. [...]

[Image: 25001387422237_Seriously-we-need-a-fucki...-you-c.png]

Yes

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
24-10-2016, 08:14 AM
See that little -68.
If ever you wondered if it meant something .... now you know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Slavery has a very clear definition: it's a legal and economic system that applies property law to humans, classifying them as property to be owned, bought and sold accordingly, and they cannot withdraw unilaterally from the arrangement. (via Wikipedia, from The Politics of Property: Labour, Freedom and Belonging by Laura Brace.). The possibility of a legal framework like this being created in any country of the UN is zero.

Forced prostitution, child labour or people being forced by circumstance to work under abysmal conditions has nothing to do with it and is an entirely separate issue that the law explicitly forbids and combats. Any fear that this would, or could, change is unfounded and, frankly, asinine.
[+] 2 users Like Naridar's post