BlackSheepJip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2014, 01:31 AM
BlackSheepJip
My name is Justin and I guess I've been an Atheist for a while although I finally said it aloud about 4 months ago. I told my family (the parents and they spread the word to my siblings) recently and things are still a little weird. It was a difficult thing to do but I felt honesty was best. My family is Catholic to the bone. I'm a much happier person now though. I feel like I am who I was born to be. I am no longer bound to any one school of thought. And for that, cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like BlackSheepJip's post
28-06-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: BlackSheepJip
Welcome Justin, glad you made it. Thumbsup

Religion is bad
28-06-2014, 02:17 AM
(28-06-2014 01:31 AM)BlackSheepJip Wrote:  ...
I feel like I am who I was born to be.

That is a great feeling, isn't it?

Welcome aboard.

ps I read that as Sheep Dip... that'll be a hard image to shake. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-06-2014, 03:54 AM
Welcom!

I hope you find more answers her than you did in the church!

Silly question! What took you over the top to come out?

K:

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
[+] 1 user Likes JONES's post
28-06-2014, 03:56 AM
(28-06-2014 02:17 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-06-2014 01:31 AM)BlackSheepJip Wrote:  ...
I feel like I am who I was born to be.

That is a great feeling, isn't it?

Welcome aboard.

ps I read that as Sheep Dip... that'll be a hard image to shake. Dodgy

Well sheep dip is also a name of a strange whisky! ;-)

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!
28-06-2014, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2014 12:46 PM by CindysRain.)
(28-06-2014 01:31 AM)BlackSheepJip Wrote:  My name is Justin and I guess I've been an Atheist for a while although I finally said it aloud about 4 months ago. I told my family (the parents and they spread the word to my siblings) recently and things are still a little weird. It was a difficult thing to do but I felt honesty was best. My family is Catholic to the bone. I'm a much happier person now though. I feel like I am who I was born to be. I am no longer bound to any one school of thought. And for that, cheers!

Hey Justin. Your already letting people know....that's a tough first step. Good for you!

Welcome aboard. Thumbsup

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
29-06-2014, 06:38 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-06-2014, 12:21 AM
(28-06-2014 03:54 AM)JONES Wrote:  Welcom!

K:

Listening to my parents being condescending (I used to be the same way until I started to think outside the box). To be honest it is quite stressful keeping quiet over long periods of time. It got to the point where I needed to just let them know. And I'm glad I did. Tonight was a whole other story though...
30-06-2014, 12:23 AM
(28-06-2014 12:42 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  
(28-06-2014 01:31 AM)BlackSheepJip Wrote:  My name is Justin and I guess I've been an Atheist for a while although I finally said it aloud about 4 months ago. I told my family (the parents and they spread the word to my siblings) recently and things are still a little weird. It was a difficult thing to do but I felt honesty was best. My family is Catholic to the bone. I'm a much happier person now though. I feel like I am who I was born to be. I am no longer bound to any one school of thought. And for that, cheers!

Hey Justin. Your already letting people know....that's a tough first step. Good for you!

Welcome aboard. Thumbsup

Thanks! Wow, everyone is so nice haha
30-06-2014, 01:39 AM
(30-06-2014 12:21 AM)BlackSheepJip Wrote:  
(28-06-2014 03:54 AM)JONES Wrote:  Welcom!

K:

Listening to my parents being condescending (I used to be the same way until I started to think outside the box). Tonight was a whole other story though...
Hi,

If you don't mind me asking what happened next? If its still a bit of am open wound, it's fine if you say nothing! But you will find plenty who will listen and if possible give you some ways to deal with it!!

K:

P.S. My name it Keith!