Bladerunner 2049

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: Bladerunner 2049
I wanna see it, but something inside me keeps whispering " But Deckard was a Nexus 6. WTF?" and ruining it for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sushisnake's post
11-09-2017, 10:30 AM
(11-09-2017 06:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 05:55 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  It didn't get great reviews when it came out.
And I was mystified. I loved it.
Even the original version.
Today it is usually number one or two on the list of greatest scifi ever.

Muffs, when did you first see it? If it was basically any time after the original release then it's fairly easy to just see it as "any other sci-fi movie", but if you take into consideration it was made in 1982 and also basically become the template for every other sci-fi/futuristic movie ever made, [let alone the acting on display in that movie], then it is AMAZING.

Without that movie being made, I doubt many others would be what they are today in terms of visuals and overall "feel" of the fictional worlds on display.

I saw it recently, like last month.
Just because something was first doesn't make it good. Nor does it mean xyz wouldn't have happened. Someone had to be first, if not this than something else.

And I'm not against old sc-fi. Dune, loved it. Hell, the original Star Wars movies are some of my favorite of all time. New Hope came out in 1977. The original Alien movie came out in 1979, loved that.

Blade Runner, the concept that there are robot-people running about and these Blade Runners come along and find them is great. BUT the movies story was shit. The acting was... rubbish and cringy. The characters were shit. The sets were crap (even for 82. I'm not talking what they could and couldn't do for the time, I mean things like style and believability/realism). Just the whole movie, it was soo.. yuck. It's hard to explain.

I dunno. The novel I'm writing currently is sorta similar to Blade Runner (hence why I watched the movie) and I seriously feel like I could write something much better set in the same world. I mean they had this great concept, great atmosphere/scene and then they wrote a generic boring love story?? seriously?? yuck.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Fair enough Smile

I haven't seen Dune yet, although do have it, so will watch that soon, as I really enjoyed the book.

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
13-09-2017, 08:10 AM
(13-09-2017 03:00 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Fair enough Smile

I haven't seen Dune yet, although do have it, so will watch that soon, as I really enjoyed the book.
Don't bother with the theatrical release. The TV miniseries has enough difference to be worth a marathon viewing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
13-09-2017, 10:39 AM
(11-09-2017 10:30 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 06:01 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Muffs, when did you first see it? If it was basically any time after the original release then it's fairly easy to just see it as "any other sci-fi movie", but if you take into consideration it was made in 1982 and also basically become the template for every other sci-fi/futuristic movie ever made, [let alone the acting on display in that movie], then it is AMAZING.

Without that movie being made, I doubt many others would be what they are today in terms of visuals and overall "feel" of the fictional worlds on display.

I saw it recently, like last month.
Just because something was first doesn't make it good. Nor does it mean xyz wouldn't have happened. Someone had to be first, if not this than something else.

And I'm not against old sc-fi. Dune, loved it. Hell, the original Star Wars movies are some of my favorite of all time. New Hope came out in 1977. The original Alien movie came out in 1979, loved that.

Blade Runner, the concept that there are robot-people running about and these Blade Runners come along and find them is great. BUT the movies story was shit. The acting was... rubbish and cringy. The characters were shit. The sets were crap (even for 82. I'm not talking what they could and couldn't do for the time, I mean things like style and believability/realism). Just the whole movie, it was soo.. yuck. It's hard to explain.

I dunno. The novel I'm writing currently is sorta similar to Blade Runner (hence why I watched the movie) and I seriously feel like I could write something much better set in the same world. I mean they had this great concept, great atmosphere/scene and then they wrote a generic boring love story?? seriously?? yuck.
Why are you judging believability and realism of a scifi setting? If ones that nitpicking they would generally label star wars a fantasy story as it is.

Not liking the visual decrepit but neon functioned sets, but Don't get not thinking it's good from the time. Because there are dozens of movies, amines, and other media dripping of the visual sets and aesthetic blade runner formed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Some people complain about movies that actually had GODZILLA in the title. WTF?
13-09-2017, 09:40 PM
(13-09-2017 08:10 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 03:00 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Fair enough Smile

Don't bother with the theatrical release. The TV miniseries has enough difference to be worth a marathon viewing.

Ohh actually I think it was the TV miniseries I watched. DLJ made me watch it.
That or the movie, one of them is really good.

Quote:Why are you judging believability and realism of a scifi setting? If ones that nitpicking they would generally label star wars a fantasy story as it is.

Not liking the visual decrepit but neon functioned sets, but Don't get not thinking it's good from the time. Because there are dozens of movies, amines, and other media dripping of the visual sets and aesthetic blade runner formed.

I just don't like the sets. They're ugly.
Besides, it's not a sci-fi movie. It's a love story movie with a slight sci-fi twist.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-09-2017, 10:11 PM
Really it's a neo-noir in a sci-fi location

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-09-2017, 12:12 AM
(13-09-2017 09:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
Ohh actually I think it was the TV miniseries I watched. DLJ made me watch it.
That or the movie, one of them is really good.

Not me. I haven't seen the miniseries.

The movie was a fair attempt and allowances are made for David Lynchiness.

I might have recommended the books, maybe as they were an atheism-solidifier for me.

Not the first book ... too archetypal. The rest of the series... immense!

I'm with you on Bladerunner. I watched the start (somewhere, cinema maybe?) but I tune out of chase movies so I can't remember anything about it except the music. Loved the music (I think; memory fades).

Yes

14-09-2017, 07:21 AM
(11-09-2017 02:12 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  They are hyping the movie big over here in Taipei. It's weird to see posters for it plastered on the sides of metro buses and playing on giant TVs on the sides of buildings. The commercials are more badass with Chinese characters. It feels like I'm watching a live action anime.

[Image: LPVjmD.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post