Bladerunner 2049

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2017, 06:43 PM
RE: Bladerunner 2049
(14-09-2017 06:32 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 04:12 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  $30+ for each if you buy the box set. Nyet!

> Right now you can buy it new (DVD) on Amazon for about $54 or Used-Very Good for about $22. That's $13.50 for each DVD new, not $30+. Thumbsup

I linked to the one I'm talking about.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 06:48 PM
(14-09-2017 06:43 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 06:32 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Right now you can buy it new (DVD) on Amazon for about $54 or Used-Very Good for about $22. That's $13.50 for each DVD new, not $30+. Thumbsup

I linked to the one I'm talking about.

> This is the one I'm suggesting:
https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Four...rs+edition
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Just saw Blade Runner tonight (10/8/17)
I thought it was amazing. Best futuristic example of what the future could hold. Music was a bit LOUD in spots, but maybe that was just my theater.

First half of the movie had good pace and direction, but the second half felt slow and unsure of itself.
I often had to remind myself why he was in certain places, because it took forever for him to get to the next plot point.

Let's pretend I'm going to the store for some milk.
5 min admiring myself in the mirror.
10 min looking for my keys.
5 min in slow motion of me locking the front door.

Me screaming "For fucks sake, get in the damn car and drive to the store."

But still, despite this, I thought it was amazing.
I am think of making a spoiler edition of this movie so I can talk about certain aspects of it without ruining it for those who haven't seen it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
08-10-2017, 09:54 PM
(08-10-2017 09:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Just saw Blade Runner tonight (10/8/17)
I thought it was amazing. Best futuristic example of what the future could hold. Music was a bit LOUD in spots, but maybe that was just my theater.

First half of the movie had good pace and direction, but the second half felt slow and unsure of itself.
I often had to remind myself why he was in certain places, because it took forever for him to get to the next plot point.

Let's pretend I'm going to the store for some milk.
5 min admiring myself in the mirror.
10 min looking for my keys.
5 min in slow motion of me locking the front door.

Me screaming "For fucks sake, get in the damn car and drive to the store."

But still, despite this, I thought it was amazing.
I am think of making a spoiler edition of this movie so I can talk about certain aspects of it without ruining it for those who haven't seen it.

I thought the original was poorly paced, even though I generally liked the story. I pretty much think most stuff made before the 90's or 2000's is too slow. I have trouble sitting through them.

... Oh, but for the record, Rick Deckard raped Rachel. No means no, not force her to say she wants it.
08-10-2017, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 10:10 PM by Aliza.)
Just saw Blade Runner 2049. It was fantastic! I won't give anything away, but I strongly advise everyone to stop Googling the movie and just go see it. If you pick stuff up off the internet, even in passing, you could contaminate yourself and ruin the movie.

This version was 1000x better than the original. The director did a good job sticking to the Blade Runner universe while still reflecting that it's 30 years in the future. The casting was excellent, the story was really good, and they told it really well.

.... Why are you still reading this? Go see the movie!
08-10-2017, 11:16 PM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-10-2017, 08:26 AM
This movie was great. The Story, much like the original, is mostly playing third fiddle to the World and the Characters. They nailed the look of the world of Bladerunner and all their expansions on it felt like they should go in that world. Was it as good as the original? No but then nothing could be, the original accidentaled into being the touchstone for all cyber-punk with by far the best line being an on-site ad lib, the majority of stuff that makes Bladerunner so fantastic were either not supposed to be there or were side thoughts. Excluding the art direction from the first obviously, seeing as that was so ahead of it's time it is still being ripped off today.

4/5* Ryan Gosling's Holographic Girlfriend is the name of my new Punk Group

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Waiting for "Everything wrong with...", "Everything great about..." and "HISHE..." to get on the ball with this.
10-10-2017, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 12:46 AM by Oaken.)
Saw Blade Runner 2049 today at the Seattle Cinerama I liked it a lot. I liked the pacing of the first half better than later in the film. Towards the end my inner child was saying, "I'm bored! I'm bored! I'm bored!" But then there were a few good fight scenes to keep me connected. I loved the original and have watched it more times than I can remember. One year I put it on everyday and used it as background to write. Blade Runner 2049 is not a sellout. It doesn't have fart jokes or rappers or confusing cut fight scenes. I was afraid the studios would have forced it to dilute its source material. But it doesn't. It has depth and takes its time. The characters are legit.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE FULLY AWAKE when you see this movie. This is not the kind of film you go to the late late show.

At the Cinerama (where I saw it) they had costumes and props from the first Blade Runner movie. I have included pictures below. This theater also makes chocolate popcorn, which paired nicely with the Proletariat Red wine I bought there.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
[+] 1 user Likes Oaken's post
10-10-2017, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 12:42 AM by Oaken.)
Oops. No clue why it double posted.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
[+] 1 user Likes Oaken's post