Blasphemy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Blasphemy
The next movie on my Netflix queue is Blasphemy. It should arrive around Wednesday. I chose it because of the title and know nothing about it other than the Netflix blurb.

"When Martin (Carlos Leon) tells his religious parents he no longer believes in God, they quickly disown him. Martin then struggles to deal with his aunt Patricia (Karmin Murcelo), who thinks her nephew is possessed by the devil and is determined to see him either repent or die."

Has anyone seen this? Am I getting something like Religulous or is this another God's Not Dead?

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Blasphemy
He should tell Aunt Patty that his parents are secretly atheists too.

I haven't seen, but it sounds interesting.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-10-2016, 12:48 AM
The review on IMDB says it's irreligious. Won't post it here cos of spoilers.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-10-2016, 08:38 AM
I got around to watching it yesterday. It definitely presents the atheist view. Unfortunately it's not very good. Slow pacing. I did not care for the ending.

The acting was poor. Sorbo and Hart may not be Oscar quality but they are definitely better actors than the unknowns in this flick.

Of course that's just my view. Others may like it.

I mail it back today.

Sapere aude