Bleh. Web Filter. TTA could be next.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Bleh. Web Filter. TTA could be next.
We just got an update on our web filter again here at work. Iheartradio is now blocked... Pandora was blocked over a year ago. Likewise, most everything else on the Internet is blocked at work.

I'm really surprised TTA have survived this long... here's hoping that I never get the "blocked" screen whenever I type in the address.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
30-04-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Bleh. Web Filter. TTA could be next.
I hate sites being blocked.

I cannot get here at school. Very disappointing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Yes, heaven forbid you have to do something work related at work as opposed to logging onto TTA. Tongue

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Yeah, doing work is horribly boring.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-04-2013, 09:38 AM
(30-04-2013 09:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  We just got an update on our web filter again here at work. Iheartradio is now blocked... Pandora was blocked over a year ago. Likewise, most everything else on the Internet is blocked at work.

I'm really surprised TTA have survived this long... here's hoping that I never get the "blocked" screen whenever I type in the address.

I heard about this really new invention. It's going to be called a laptop. Maybe you can get one. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-04-2013, 10:08 AM
What really pisses me off is when I go to somewhere like my local grocery store that has wifi (in the cafe area) that blocks TTA, but doesn't block church websites. That shit pisses me off hardcore. I sent an email detailing just how pissed I was, and the lady responded that she had no problem accessing TTA. I checked again, and I could get on. A few months later, TTA is blocked but church sites aren't, again. That bitch lied to me and unblocked it temporarily and then it got blocked again. I was so fucking mad.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
30-04-2013, 10:09 AM
(30-04-2013 09:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 09:02 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  We just got an update on our web filter again here at work. Iheartradio is now blocked... Pandora was blocked over a year ago. Likewise, most everything else on the Internet is blocked at work.

I heard about this really new invention. It's going to be called a laptop. Maybe you can get one. Tongue

That's not how a network works, Bucky. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-04-2013, 10:11 AM

My husband's work blocked all websites from their computer...

Except for the people who work at the front desk, so they can seem busy.

True story.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

30-04-2013, 10:17 AM
(30-04-2013 10:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

My husband's work blocked all websites from their computer...

Except for the people who work at the front desk, so they can seem busy.

True story.

Only your post in this thread didn't make me feel surprised. Did these places block TTA purely for religious reason? Is it legal, or do they have the freedom to do that?

Edit: oh, 'at work' ... this can excuse a lot of things.

Want something? Then do something.
30-04-2013, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2013 02:45 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-04-2013 10:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 09:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I heard about this really new invention. It's going to be called a laptop. Maybe you can get one. Tongue

That's not how a network works, Bucky. Drinking Beverage

Ya mean the students can't get it either ?
Isn't there a WyFy connection you can get in to independently ?
Sad.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post