"Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: "Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."
"Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." - There is nothing surprising that religion favor this sort of thinking, for otherwise it would not fare well. Just try to imagine sentence like this - Blessed are those who took their time and checked the facts before looking for supernatural explanation; it would be instakill for religion.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
03-07-2015, 03:06 AM
"Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."
The irony is that MOST people live their lives as atheists. They put on their seat belts, they look both ways before crossing the street, they wash their hands, they study for tests, they go to the Dr when they're sick. I could go on but I'm sure you get where I'm going. Faith, and more particularly blind faith, is abnormal and nebulous in our daily constructs. However, when it comes to religion people take this fallacious ideology and set it in a separate box away from all things rational. It just doesn't make any sense.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 5 users Like Tonechaser77's post
03-07-2015, 03:45 AM
(02-07-2015 09:05 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Credulity is made out to be a virtue, and Christians are stupid enough to believe it.

It's an *easy* virtue. Anyone can be a credulous fool. Giving yourself brownie points for the same makes you feel good about yourself. Just one of the many benefits of Christianity™.

Christianity as a belief may be dumb as shit, but as a self-sustaining group of memes it's pretty goddamn effective.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
03-07-2015, 03:52 AM
(03-07-2015 03:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  Christianity as a belief may be dumb as shit, but as a self-sustaining group of memes it's pretty goddamn effective.

Everybody sing!
"if you're stupid and ya know it clap your hands..."

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-07-2015, 05:11 AM
There's only thing worse than a person who's proud of their lack of education is a person who's proud of believing in fairy tales.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-07-2015, 09:07 AM
(02-07-2015 09:00 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 08:30 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have asked that before and was shocked when it was told to me that it would violate free will. WTF? God didn't seem to give a crap about the free will of the people he appeared to or performed miracles to in the bible.

Always remember, free will is not in the bible. St Augustine later invented it. Never hesitate to remind Xians of this fact.

I have said this to my wife. You know what she says? "So you are telling me that all christians are wrong and you're right." YES!!! All you have to do is read the fucking book!!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-07-2015, 09:10 AM
(03-07-2015 09:07 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  "So you are telling me that all christians are wrong and you're right."

There are many Christians who do not buy the free will argument - see Calvinism. Of course, they have an even deludier delusion to replace it with Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
03-07-2015, 08:23 PM
(02-07-2015 07:16 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  "Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

What's that mean? Like touched and not quite right in the head "blessed"? Like when my mother describes the women she houses and feeds with a 60 IQ as "blessed"?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-07-2015, 09:37 AM
(03-07-2015 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-07-2015 07:16 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  "Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

What's that mean? Like touched and not quite right in the head "blessed"? Like when my mother describes the women she houses and feeds with a 60 IQ as "blessed"?

Do they also jump in the air and wear diapers?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
05-07-2015, 09:42 AM
(03-07-2015 09:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 09:07 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  "So you are telling me that all christians are wrong and you're right."

There are many Christians who do not buy the free will argument - see Calvinism. Of course, they have an even deludier delusion to replace it with Smile

But Calvinism is a bit logical considering the book it was derived from. FW smashed into lighter, nicer Jonathan Edwards Theology is really a result of people not liking that they have absolutely no control over their lives. They say on one hand that there is FW and on the next breath say that there is a plan. So which is it? You really can't have both.

- Paul Dirac