Blocked? What the hell?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: Blocked? What the hell?
Happened to me a couple days ago.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2014, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 10:17 PM by DLJ.)
Bump.

I got it today and Shadow Fox has reported it too.

My guess is that Deep is tinkering, as most technical incidents are caused by changes.

It does seem to go away if you add this message to each post:

"We love you Deep and really appreciate how hard you work for us for no pay or hugs or anything Hug "

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-05-2014, 09:12 PM
I keep getting some page with a large red x on it and it says I am possibly running a client that is attacking the web site so I am blocked. WTF?

I have two great threads I want to make and I cannot make them right now. Under fire Fox or Chrome w/ or w/o proxies.

Nothing seems to work.

Live for yourself, because no one else will do it for you.
-Jesse T. Chenoweth
17-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I've had this problem a few times... Don't know why it happened.

Usually happens with Chrome for me... Girly advised me to to clear the history and cookies, which sorted it out.

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.
17-05-2014, 09:23 PM
(17-05-2014 09:19 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've had this problem a few times... Don't know why it happened.

Usually happens with Chrome for me... Girly advised me to to clear the history and cookies, which sorted it out.

Pretty sure that's what fixed my issue, but still, what's with the proverbial comms-blackout?

I say, speak, oh ye within whom hold the power! What say thee to our plight!?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
17-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Also to note, with the you are blocked page with the red x and the stuff below it.

What does a a SQL command mean?

Live for yourself, because no one else will do it for you.
-Jesse T. Chenoweth
17-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Blocked? What the hell?
Okay, well, DON'T try to explain SQL commands. At least, not with any examples!

"Sorry, you have been blocked. You are unable to access thethinkingatheist.com. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a ... SQL command. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked."

Well, at least I can still access the site from my cell phone. Sad

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
17-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Rebooting my cable modem got me a new IP address and bypassed the block. I have the IP address that got blocked, so PM me if anyone wants to unblock it for the next person who gets it.

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
17-05-2014, 10:33 PM
(17-05-2014 09:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Also to note, with the you are blocked page with the red x and the stuff below it.

What does a a SQL command mean?

Without any examples this time, a SQL command gives instructions to a database to insert, delete, update, or retrieve information like users, thread topics, posts in a thread, etc. You shouldn't see any reference to it under normal operations.

Any well written site escapes (tells the database to ignore) any SQL keywords before sending user submitted data to the database. If a site is poorly written and doesn't do that, submitting user data with properly formatted sql commands inside it could cause the storage database to execute the commands. A site like this wouldn't be that poorly written, and even if it was, a simple data retrieval command wouldn't do anything bad. However, something that, say, updates a super-admin's password would be sufficient to allow impersonation of the admin and allow full control over the site. That would be very, very, bad. Any attempt to do something like that would be very reasonable grounds for blocking.

I didn't even think about triggering security when I tried to post before. I frequently use programming advice and help forums where we post sections of code that are giving us trouble for other people to evaluate. Including SQL commands is quite common and rather expected. But, yeah, it probably IS rather unusual for this forum.

17-05-2014, 11:37 PM
I altered some settings. Hopefully people don't have any more problems.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss